Fake

Rui POV:

He did it again.

Tsukasa smiled at me and waved me over.
"Rui!" He called out.

Why was he smiling? I literally see blood on his hand and it looks like he's been crying for at least a hour. Was he psycho?

I carefully walked over to him. The light in his eyes were gone, and his smiled seemed forced.
"Tsukasa—" I started, reaching out to him. Something wasn't right.
"Oh, I'm kinda hungry! Sorry I ran off without you guys. Hahaha...." He quickly responded, climbing down the Wonderstage.

Why did Tsukasa fake a smile so much? Wait, no. That's not the question. How long has he been faking?

Tsukasa POV:

I kinda wished I told Rui everything, but it was too late. Faking a smile and acting happy almost is part of my routine. I walked back down the path from the Wonderstage and ran into Nene and Emu.

"Tsukasa!?" They both shouted in union.

"Hey guys! Sorry I ran off. Wanna go the cafe?" I know my excuse sounded stupid, but I at least needed a excuse.

As we all walked to the cafe I felt eyes on me. Emu and Nene kept on sharing glances, and Rui was staring at me intensely, like there was some kind of bug on my back. Ew.

We got to the cafe and ordered. I got coffee, Nene got tea, Emu got a cake pop, and Rui also got coffee.

Emu was the first to start talking. She started talking about random nonsense, probably to divert the attention away from me. I sighed. I had to thank Emu later.

Emu POV:

Tsukasa looked really sad. He was smiling, but I knew it was not real. Just like Asahina....(Mafuyu)

I started spitting nonsense like I usually do. Just that I was stupid didn't mean I was dense. I glanced at Tsukasa and he nodded like he was thanking me. I smiled a little bit.

We continued chatting for a while. Nene was having a conversation with me, but she looked really nervous. She didn't drink a sip of her tea yet. Rui kept on nodding, but I doubted he was actually listening to the conversation. And Tsukasa.....

Tsukasa POV:

"Something just came up." I abruptly said. Why was listening to the conversation so annoying and hard to do? No, why was even being around my friends so hard? I wanted to just lie on my bed and sleep.

I didn't want to wake up.
Everything around me is just so...hard to deal with. Everything is just another chore. Another burden. I couldn't stand being around other people anymore.
I pushed back my chair and left the cafe. Rui looked at me surprised and worried. Emu called out my name.
"Tsukasa, wait—!" She said, Nene at her side. They were both standing up now.
But I was already out the door. As soon as they were out of sight, I ran as fast as I could to my house.

It was still in the afternoon, I didn't even have lunch yet.

That doesn't matter though.
Nothing seemed to matter at that moment.

I continued to sprint home. When I got there I opened the door and slammed it shut. I ran up to my room and jumped onto the bed.

Why were there tears around my eyes? That's odd....

My line of sight blinked in and out of focus as my eyes flickered shut.

I didn't want to wake up......

—————
This chapter was so rushed lol
Srry if it didn't make sense I forgot to post for like a week and I wrote this chapter out of memory since I didn't read the previous chapters again to remember
Ok I'm making no sense right now but anyways thanks ig
Also this took like 10 minutes to write and I was writing it while hiding in the bathroom to skip service so yeah
Anyways I'm not gonna post for like another week ahahaha my motivations in the toilet right now

Edit: I JUST HAD A SUDDEN BURST OF INSPO YES FINALLY also the next chapters have like overdose in drugs and stuff so yeah BEWARE I LIKE MAKING TSUKASA SUFFER AAHAHAHAHHA