29. uncle fester returns

wednesday and xavier separated and stood up immediately and the door swung open.

an energetic, extremely pale, bald man with an eerily enthusiastic smile stood in the door frame. "wednesday! argument in the library boy who stayed with us over the summer! how are you?!" fester addams asked.

wednesday stepped back in fear of the creepy man and stumbled, but xavier caught her and supported her balance by keeping one of his hands on her back. "who the hell are you?" she asked.

fester looked confused and offended. "what kinda question is that? you kids are so silly these days!" xavier looked at his friend, who was absolutely uncomfortable around her uncle. "uh, fester- this is probably gonna be a little rough to hear- wednesday lost her memory the other day. she hardly remembers anything."

the pale old man frowned. "how? i didn't know there were any memory loss potions at this kooky school!"

wednesday didn't even realize it at the time, but she'd grabbed on to xavier's hand and held it tighter than ever before. "i was brainwashed by a monster, b-but it's dead now. xavier is trying his best to help me regain my memory. i-" she couldn't finish her sentence.

her uncle frowned at her statements. "well, that's no fun. by the way, wednesday, i'm your uncle! anywho, i bet i can help you! come with me!"

xavier's lips curled into a small smile as he began to sing along to a song. "and you'll be in a world of pure imaginationnnn! take a look, and you'll see into your imaginationnn! we'll begin with a spin-" he sung, taking wednesday's hand and twirling her aroun, "traveling in the world of my creation! what we'll see will defy explanatiooooon."

fester and wednesday simply stared at the boy as he continued to sing the song. "what a performance, xavier!" fester commented, nudging wednesday gesturingly in the arm. "you've got a real performer under your spell, wednesday."

wednesday glanced over at her uncle. "i haven't casted any spells, uncle...." her words led to a halt. "i don't know your name." xavier smirked and whispered into her ear, "his name's fester." wednesday stared at her father's brother. "i haven't casted any spells, uncle fester."

the tiny man simply shrugged. "either way, you've certainly gotten that boy to fall in love with you. now, come on! let's go for a ride!"

then he turned to xavier. "but pretty boy can't come along. addams family only."

wednesday's grip on xavier's hand became tighter. "i am not going without xavier."

uncle fester rolled his eyes and then stared at xavier suspiciously. "hey, wasn't he one of your suspects for the hyde last semester? i don't think i want to die tonight, wednesday. it's up to you, though."

wednesday gave her uncle a strange look, backtracking a bit until she accidentally bumped into xavier's chest. "the hor- the hyde. that is the monster that brainwashed me. my allies killed it."

uncle fester let out an annoyed sigh. "i'll be back to help you later, wednesday. enjoy your time with pretty boy." he said before leaving the art shed and closing the door behind him.

then it was just wednesday and xavier, again.

the noirette urned around to face her friend. "you didn't tell me i suspected you were the monster," she said quietly.
xavier swallowed coarsely and nodded. "yeah, i didn't want any more... tension between us."

wednesday stared more intensely at him. "unfortunately, i owe you another apology, xavier. i am sorry."

he looked down into her eyes. "you have nothing to apologize for, wednesday. i was the creep who didn't give you explanations for anything."

the girl frowned. "i would continue this argument further, but i have no memory of what happened. goodnight, xavier," she said, heading towards the door.

he quickly caught up to her and took her hand. "let me walk you, okay? i don't trust anything out in the darkness of nevermore."

wednesday looked back up at him. "your affection is well received on my end, but i'm not entirely sure how much i am myself right now."

xavier couldn't help but chuckle. "believe me, you're still yourself... black wearing, double braided, ridiculously attractive snarky commenting, and insanely smart wednesday addams."

her heart stopped for a moment in disbelief. his compliments towards her were so intrusively... perfect.
"your attempts of reassuring me of myself is appreciated, but ultimately pointless. i can not commit myself to a relationship until i am fully sure of my feelings for you and back to my former self. let's walk in silence."

he stopped for a moment and began caressing her cheek. "you're nothing more than wednesday addams. i dunno how else to explain it to you, except..."

xavier's voice trailed off as a devilish smirk smeared across his face. he leaned down closer to wednesday's face.

they hadn't been this close since their first kiss several months back at her house in the summer.

wednesday gently pressed her forehead into his. "i wish i could kiss you, xavier."

she could feel a smile growing on his lips.

"there's nothing stopping you."

wednesday continued staring into xavier's eyes. "except my moral compass telling me this isn't the right time."

a soft laugh came from his mouth. she could feel his breath hot against her cheeks, but then he pulled away.

wednesday didn't know how to feel...

in love? absolutely.

confused? somewhat.

disappointed? never.

xavier had respected her boundaries, treated her the best out of anyone else she'd even seen in the hallways, and cared for her like she was a goddess, a perfection.

after he pulled away, he gave her small smile. "let's get you back to your dorm."

wednesday followed him with no remorse.

they walked together in silence, stealing little glanced at each other every other minute, absolutely adoring their shared moments.

once they got back to her dorm, xavier said goodbye and began to walk away.

"xavier," wednesday said, almost a whisper.

he turned around.

she stepped closer slowly.

and when she was close enough, she took both of her hands and put them lovingly on the two sides of his face, bringing it to meet hers.

their lips collided, and so did both of their worlds.