24. couple complications

wednesday and xavier were secretly official, but began to force some unforeseen complications.

wednesday had become good friends with a boy, jet, in botanical sciences. but of course, she was dating xavier so it wasn't a big deal.

xavier was cool with it, just like wednesday was cool with him being friends with other girls.

at last, ivory was finally leaving the school. she'd stayed just a few weeks more after breaking up with xavier... but it didn't change her feelings for him.

on one crisp late september evening, xavier heard a knock from his door and went to open it. to his surprise, instead of wednesday, his current girlfriend, it was ivory, his ex-girlfriend. his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "ivory.. uh, what are you doing here?"

the redhead unapologetically walked into the room and sat on xavier's bed. she'd gone to tell him her final goodbye. "xavy, i've missed talking with you. i'm going to miss you when i leave on sunday. just because we broke up doesn't mean we have to stop speaking. it doesn't mean that for you, right?"

the boy wondered if he'd the girl correctly. "no, i mean i just... we're not really friends anymore. we don't talk to each other, ivory." she frowned, standing up as he walked a little closer to where she'd been sitting. "we're not friends if we're not dating? maybe we should re-evaluate that, y'know?" the redhead asked the brunette as she inched closer towards him. xavier blinked rapidly, not knowing what to expect.

ivory quickly smashed her lips into his and kissed him.

as tony corinda once said, "good timing is invisible. bad timing sticks out a mile."

wednesday had just opened xavier's door to talk to him and saw ivory kissing xavier. the boy hadn't pulled away immediately because he was in shock.

the noirette stormed out of the boy's room. two can play at this game, xavier she thought to herself. i, too, can kiss other people.

she saw jet standing in the congregational room for macbeth hall, which was the hall xavier lived in. "jet," wednesday said, acknowledging the boy. "can i kiss you?" she asked. the boy became a bit squirmish. "i-uh- i'm kinda getting over someone right now. i'm not ready to be in a relationship with someone." wednesday stared. "neither am i. i am angry at someone who i have been dating because they were kissing someone else. i was simply wanting to return their favor."
jet couldn't help but chuckle and walked over to her. "then sure, wednesday, you can kiss me. you don't deserve that and revenge does kinda seem like your thing. i'd be honored to be a part of your notorious plan."

the two looked at each other and chuckled as the beginning of wednesday's revenge plot unfolded. their lips met and didn't part until the moment xavier, who was absolutely frantic, spotted them making out.

"what the hell are you doing?!" he asked, letting out an angst-filled breath.

wednesday flashed xavier a cold, uncaring facial expression. "could you leave? if you didn't notice, we are in the middle of something here." she then turned back to face jet and they began kissing again.

ivory ran into xavier from running behind. "xavy, what's wrong? why did you run off?" the boy turned around, eyes flickering with fear. "this is all your fault! you shouldn't have come into my room and tried to make a move on me!" he shouted. ivory rolled her eyes, blushing. "i know you still care immensely about me, xavier. you don't have to hide it."

the boy's green eyes turned monstrous as he glared at the girl. "GO AWAY, IVORY. LEAVE. I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN." the girl's eyes flooded with tears a she glared at her ex. "i fucking hate you, xavier. i will never forgive you for the pain you've caused me," ivory angrily told xavier before storming off back to her own dorm.

"what a shame," he joked, mocking the girl under his breath.

then xavier's focus was back on wednesday and jet.

he stomped over to the two friends and smushed his way right in between them, breaking up their "never-ending moment."

glaring at jet, xavier hardly gritted out his next sentence. "get the hell away from her."

wednesday glared at him. "xavier, you can't just-" he interrupted her by grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the congregational room into the hallway.

"what the hell was that, wednesday?!" she stared. "i was kissing another boy. we are certainly not exclusive, xavier. you shouldn't take others' actions so personally. it makes you weak and weakness isn't a good look on you. everyone will know you consistently fail to build your walls tall and strong enough to keep pain and emotion out of your life."

xavier rubbed his fingers across his forehead. she didn't understand. "god, wednesday. i didn't kiss ivory, she kissed me." wednesday frowned. "you fail to see the purpose of my statement. this is not about you and ivory. we are moving too quickly and are much too young to make such wasteful decisions."

xavier's breathing ceased for a moment. "wednesday, no. i love you. please, don't do this to me again."

"we aren't going to be official anymore, xavier. in public or in secret. i wish i had been enlightened earlier before you caught feelings."

"i've always had feelings for you, wednesday. you know that."

"yes, i suppose you're not wrong. are you still comfortable with being my friend? or have i scared you away? i would like to know where i stand with you."

"being your friend? i want so much more than that, wednesday. don't throw away what we have, love. please."

"i already told you, xavier, we are no longer together. now tell me where i stand with you."

xavier slowly inched closer towards her, wanting to kiss her, but wednesday pushed him away.

"i am not your girlfriend anymore, xavier!"

he let out a dismal sigh. "of course i still wanna be your friend, wednesday. i always will be."

wednesday stared. "don't be expecting me to spend any time with you in the next few weeks. i am preoccupied. goodbye, xavier."