The Parting of the Ways

"You know the Doctor. You understand him. You will predict his actions," the Dalek demanded of Rose. Rose was trying to get Annika to uncurl herself. She was trying to pray to her, but she wasn't responding. "I don't know, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you," Rose says to the Daleks.

"Predict! Predict! Predict!" the Daleks demand.

"TARDIS detected in flight," one Dalek says.

"Launch missiles. Exterminate," the first Dalek says.

"You can't! The TARDIS hasn't got any defenses. You're going to kill him," Rose said in fake panic.

"You have predicted correctly," a Dalek said, getting the Daleks to pause and allowing the Doctor and Jack to catch the missile.

Annika finally looks up, finally hearing the TARDIS arrive, it materialized around them and Annika's arm reaches up on its own and yanked Rose down as the Doctor yells, "Rose, get down!" and the Dalek yells, "Exterminate!" only to be destroyed by Jack.

"You did it," Rose said in relief.

Annika's blue skin has faded back into her pale-ish skin and the Doctor pulled her into a hug after he hugged Rose. The Doctor pulls away and looks at Annika's ears seeing them bleeding, "Can you hear me?" he asked. Annika nodded and then got pulled into a hug by Jack.

"You okay?" Jack asked Rose.

"Yeah, I'm more worried about Annika but I know she's hearing again," Rose answered.

"You two got lucky. That was just a one shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it's just a piece of junk," Jack said to the two girls.

"You said they were extinct. How come they're still alive?" Rose asked.

"They have heartbeats," Annika mumbled to the Doctor. Her head was currently buried into his chest as the Doctor wouldn't let her go, not that she minded.

"One minute they're the greatest threat in the Universe except Klyntars, no offense Annie," Jack said to the hybrid who gave him a thumbs up, "the next minute they vanished out of time and space and Klyntar the planet is destroyed form a separate invasion."

"Klyntars can survive Dalek hits," the Doctor mentioned.

"Really?" Jack asked.

Mayhem's head pops out from Annika's back, "It doesn't feel good, though," she said.

"They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War," the Doctor added.

"I thought that was just a legend," Jack said in amazement.

"Not like you normally find another time Lord wandering around," Annika can be heard saying.

"I was there. Te war between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing," the Doctor said, briefly hearing Annika whisper into his chest, "Thousands of people never heard from again."

"There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What're we going to do?" Rose asked.

"No good stood round here chin wagging. Human race, you'd gossip all dat. The Dalek's have got the answers. Let's go and meet the neighbors," the Doctor said. Annika wouldn't let go of him and he looked down, "I'll be alright," he promised and she let go. Rose and Jack saw her shift into her Jotunn form again. "You know he will find out eventually," Rose said, "Stop putting up your glamour when you're too weak to keep it up," she said.