The Long Game

The Doctor took one step outside the TARDIS after landing and stepped right back in, "What?" Rose asked. He held up a finger, motioning for her to wait, and walked off to the room Sleipnir and Annika were in. The horse shifter had been awake and gaining a lot of strength back pretty quickly, so he was already sitting up when the Doctor walked in. "I would recommend not stepping outside the TARDIS, it is boiling hot out there," he told them receiving two thumbs up and he left again, stepping out with Rose this time.

"Oh, it's too hot for them," she realized, "Two hundred thousand?" she asked, wondering if she read the screen she was looking at year they were on correctly. She made her way through a doorway to see a planet in the distance, one she was assuming was Earth.

The Doctor nods, "Two hundred thousand, the Fourth great and bountiful Human Empire. And there it is, planet Earth at its height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population ninety six billion. The hub of a galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle," he describes, "But, why is it so hot?"

"What do you mean?" Rose asked.

"I mean, I picked here to maybe get Sleipnir up and walking, but it's too hot," the Doctor explained. Rose didn't know whether to be in awe that the Doctor subconsciously trying to help his soulmate by helping her brother, trying to get into Annika's good graces, or to be concerned about what is going on.

"Out of my way," someone demanded. Suddenly lots of people were rushing around them as food vendors were opening up, "Thank you very much indeed. Somebody here? That's great. What do you want, love? All right, keep moving. I'll be with you lot in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronkburger with cheese, kronkburger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, back," one chef could be heard ordering the people.

"Fine cuisine?" Rose questioned.

"That's wrong too," the Doctor notes and walks up to one of the vendors, "Oi, mate—how much is a kronkburger?"

"Two credits twenty, sweetheart. Now join the queue," the chef answered.

"Money. We need money. Let's use a cashpoint," the Doctor said, walking off.

"What even is a kronkburger?" Rose asked, not questioning what the Doctor was doing to the machine, producing something like credit card afterwards. She didn't know how he got around with no money, but she assumed it was something like that. She has a cannibalistic best friend; she's not going to question it. They did end up getting a kronkburger, it wasn't bad, Rose wouldn't eat it again, but it wasn't terrible.

The two soon approached a pair of women, one was a brunette woman in a purple shirt and jeans, while the other had darker skin with braids and was dressed in a business suit, "Er, this is going to sound daft, but can you tell me where we are?"

"Floor One Three Nine. Could they write it any bigger?" the woman with the braids deadpanned.

"Floor One Three Nine of what?" the Doctor specified.

"Must've been one hell of a party," the same woman sassed.

"You're on Satellite Five," the brunette woman spoke up.

"What's Satellite Five?" the Doctor asked.

"Come on, how you could get on board without knowing where you are?" the first woman argued. Before Rose could argue back, the Doctor says rather quickly in response, "Look at me. I'm stupid."