|Hooded Man|

"Heidi, you okay?"

Tearing her gaze away from the cobblestone road, Heidi lifted her head, looking at him confused. "Huh?"

"You're.. Quiet." Nelson went on, reaching out to give her hand a small squeeze. He looked concerned, with his dark eyebrows furrowed, and his coffee brown eyes sparkling with worry.

"It's still bugging me, that's all. I'm sorry for being a killjoy." She muttered with a sigh, making no effort to squeeze his hand back. Seeing the disapointed look flash in his eyes, she regretted it, and took his hand again. It wasn't his fault she was being so down, so why did he have to endure it? Putting on a small smile, he looked up to him, once again. "But, I suppose I should put it behind me- how about we go to an equipment shop- I could do with a new set of armour, what about you?" 

Nelson stared at Heidi, as if he was thinking hard. His eyebrows furrowed even deeper, and he opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. Seeming to re-think his words, he sighed. "You shouldn't cast away your feelings, Heidi. It's okay for you to feel down, I don't mind- I'm sad too."

Her smile faltered, realizing he saw through her discuise easily. She stayed silent for a long time, before mustering a sigh. "I know, it's just become an automatic response over the years, I just hate to bring people down."

"Ah, I know how you feel, just, 'Y'know, you don't have to do that with me." He rubbed the back of his head, the tips of his ears red. "You can feel however you want, without having to put on a mask- I won't.. Judge, nor will my feelings change for you."

..."Thanks, Nelson."

"Buuutt, I won't say no to new armour." Nelson chuckled, with a wry grin, casting a sideways glance over to her.

Despite her feelings, Heidi couldn't help but chuckle, glad for the slight change in mood. "Nobody said the deal was off, haha."

"Ah, good, I was feeling a tad disapointed there!"

The two of them strolled down the street, in no hurry, or rush to go anywhere. Heidi was wearing her uniform, which was the only sustainable thing she had to wear, except for her pyjamas. ( she wouldn't be caught dead in, wearing it in the town) The sky was a periwinkle blue, showing off the colourful marble Buildings, and parts of the road in reflections of gold, white, a pale pink and blue. The planted flowers that resided in flowerbeds outside each building, and along the road were small, but pretty, going along well with the small trees planted everywhere. It was a beautiful town- the prettiest she'd ever seen so far.

"I think we're almo-" She was cut off.

"Heidi, sorry, but, do you see that man?" Nelson whispered, leaning in close to her, discreatly pointing with one finger.

"What? I don't see, wait... The one in the dark cloak, covering his face?"

He nodded, casting her a sideways glance. Even though this man clearly didn't fit in, everybody walked around him as if they didn't notice him at all. It was strange. Her mouth opened, in shock, as one person actually walked through him, which was impossible for players to do. Unless, that one person had put on a invisibility option, or in their case, selected invisibility. But that could only be used by a creator, or game mod... Her eyes widened. He was wearing a GM cloak!

"Nelson, I think he's a Game Mod!" Heidi whispered, frantic in his ear. "Nobody else can see him but us- he has selective invisibility on!"

His mouth opened in surpise, but then closed, as he realized she was right. "Let's tail him." The man was starting to walk away, looking back every few seconds.