|Virtual Disaster|

Heidi's dark blue eyes blinked open, soaking in the beautiful senery. Her character had been fixed up rather quickly, since she recalled how she had created her profile in the beta test. Her character was simple: long, waist length light blue hair, the layered front hairs wrapped with white ribbon. She had chosen basically the same body and face features as her own, and the same size, only tweaking her height the slightest bit.(Being rather tall, and self-conscious about it, she had decided to make her character one or two inches shorter) Her username was Heidi as well; all of her friends called her Heidi, even though her real name was Harriet Newton; a foreginer living in Japan, her parents from Canada. Though she didn't mind her teachers calling her Harriet, she simply liked Heidi as a casual name better. Sporting the customary starting clothes of SAO, Heidi desperately wanted to get something different; she found the skirt to short for her liking , (being a somewhat old fashioned girl, any skirt  that was above her fingertips made her nervous) and with the lack of her  customary knee-high socks, she felt practicaly naked. It wouldn't be that hard to find suitible armour.

Heidi found herself in the starting square, along with the rest of the people just logging in; it was quite funny watching the people's reaction to actually being inside the game. After allowing herself a few moments to watch them, (the dewey eyed expression on some people's faces was truly too amusing  to miss) she set off on the white brick road, heading towards the less busy bazaar, where her friends would be waiting. There were many NPC's selling goods within the bazaar, and it took all of her self restraint to not buy everything she could possibly afford; Heidi had never been rich, (living on her own was tough) so any money in her hands made her want to go on a spending rampage. She had worked so hard to gain enough money to buy the game, taking up a job for a few months to be able to pay for it. Since she was only 16, her parents payed for her living and school expenses, but that was the majority of it. Whatever extra she wanted, she would have to work for it.

Soon enough, Heidi's tall self found the rather short Remi and Max, happily bobbing up and down, waiting her her. Remi had chosen her customary pigtails, but her hair was now a bright shade of red, with streaks of orange running through it, giving the impression her head was on fire. She had her  character customary bright green eyes, but upon looking closley at them, they seemed to be a different shade, than what she was used to seeing.  Max had made her hair a little longer than her normal shoulder length, and had changed it's brown curls to a nice wavy dark blue- it matched nicely with her crystal blue eyes. Both of them, sported the starting clothes as well.

"Alright, let's shop!" Max cried, raising her fist high up into the air.

"And after that, lets.... FIGHT!" Remi blasted, giggling.

Heidi bobbed her head up anad down, laughing along with them, and with that they set out to start their shopping journey.

~~

"Max, use your Daggers and switch in!" Heidi cried, blocking an attack from the boar's horns with her longsword, before jumping back. Max, diligently jumping in, gave out a battle cry, giving a  good slash to the boar's flank- it squealed and whipped around, trying to hit its attacker.

Max easily jumped out of the way, yelling "Switch!" Towards Remi, who stepped in, using her rappier with an impressing speed, for a beginner.

"Switch!" It was Heidi's turn, she leaped in, drawing her arm back to start the skill set "Slash." With a huff, she raced forward-navy blue armour swinging- giving a great lash out, solidly ripping the boar's side. The last of it's HP dipped down, as she finished it off. Squealing, the boar exploded into a million little blue dimons, floating off and fading into the air.

"Great job you guys!" Heidi explaimed, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"This Rappier's really working for me- and the armour you picked out for all of us really works!" Remi praised, examining her navy blue armour as well- all of them had decided to get the same type.

"I think I might buy a longsword along with these Daggers- it's good to have a backup weapon with daggers." Max said, plopping down on the grass, throwing her weapon beside her.

"Good thinking." Heidi replied, doing the same as her peir, Remi following right after.

"Aw, I'm so tired! We've got to have been doing this for at least 8 hours!" Max groaned, laying down on her back. Even though she was complaining, the content look on her face showed her true feelings.

"Hey, but at least we went up 3 levels! At this rate, we'll be top-players for sure!" Remi pointed out, leaning back on her hands, the bright orange sunset illuminating her firey red hair.

"Ah, we'd better head back to IRL pretty soon, it's already... 6 in the morning!" Heidi's eyes went huge, they had been playing SAO for almost 12 hours now.

"Well, at least there's no school tomorrow. We can still get enough sleep." Max pointed out, yawning, looking out onto the rolling, grassy hills. There were hardly any boars left- they had almost killed them all.

"Anyways, let's log out- we'll eat our supper, or ah, breakfast before going to sleep." Heidi replied, bringing up her menu with a flick of her left finger. "I'll meet you guys on the other side." Scrollng down, she went all the way to the logout button. Her eyebrows furrowed immediately: it was blank. 

"Huh? This is weird?" She muttered, pressing on it. 

Nothing happened. With a quick look towards her friends, she noticed they were having the same problem. She pressed it again, this time a little harder, thinking maybe it needed a more firm touch to activate the interface. Still, nothing happened. Worried glances began to be exchanged, as panic began it's steady route.  

"It's probably just a glitch guys- I'll try called the GM." Heidi reassured, scrolling down to the "Help Button." Going into the sub-forum "Send Report," she pressed down on it, expecting to see the normal list of GM's. But there wasn't anyone there. It only made the pit in her stomach worse. 

"Heidi, we can't find any GM's, or any other way to log out.. I'm starting to freak out." Max wimpered, as Remi nodded, worry sprouting throughout her facial features.

"I..I don't know what to do.." Heidi replied, her voice shaking a little bit.

Until the workers of SAO fixed the glitch, they were stuck inside of this virtual reality.