|A Break Among|

Remi seemed quiet, even for her standards. (she was known to be more on the quiet side) This worried Heidi- what was going on in her head? Everyone was seated at the long, retangular table that seated a good amount of people. Nelson, Eren and Max were chatting merrily, but Remi had stayed silent throughout the whole dinner, looking down at her glistening food, with a strange look on her face. Heidi herself was darting in and out of the conversation going on, left of her, but paid close attention to Remi.

She hadn't even taken a bite of her food.

"Remi, your food's durability will run out if you don't eat it soon," Heidi pointed out lightly, keeping a cheerful tone in her voice.

"Wow, so nice of you to actually share that with us, Heidi." Remi spat back, looking sharply at her.

Heidi was taken back by her sudden harsh words- she had never been on the recieving side of such an annoyed Remi. (Heidi had witnessed it once in her life; it was not a pretty thing)

Her eyebrows furrowed into a nervous, confused look, as she replied. "Ah, what?"

"Don't act as if you don't know, Heidi. "

Everybody had now looked towards the two, surprised by the hostility pulsing through Remi. Max looked surprised, but knowing, while Nelson and Eren simplt looked confused, and concerned.

"I literally don't know Remi." She answered truthfully. "What's going on?"

Remi slammed her hands on the table, standing up as her pony-tails whipped behind her. "You obviously know things about this game that's been helping you, but you're . Not. Telling. Us."

Heidi leaned back, aghast, in her chair. "How do I know more than you guys? I've already told you guys everything, and even so, it's not much more than what you guys know! We're all you-know-what!"

"Ohhh, so I suppose getting the Blue Rose Sword, and doing whatever that was back there in the labyrinth for Nelson was just pure luck?" Remi replied, rolling her eyes, sarcasim seething out of her voice.

"Yeah, I am! If I knew how I did it, I'd certainly let you guys know! The thing with Nelson was just a glitch, or something!" Cracked Heidi, her voice doing the familiar rasp it did, when she was upset.

"That's bull. Nobody's that lucky. Two glitches for one person, but none whatsoever for anybody else? The sword I can understand, but whatever that time thing was that happened draws the line."

"Well, it's true. I don't know what else to tell you, Remi." Heidi sighed, putting down her fork. Everybody was silent up till now.

"I agree with Remi." Max piped up, crossing her arms, icy-blue eyes piercing Heidi.

She was beginning to feel cornered now, and she felt the need to just go and bury herself in a corner somewhere, forgotten by people for a while. "I-I'm not lying to you guys! I swear, on... On my life, I swear I'm not lying to you guys!" A clutching feeling was now beginning to form in Heidi's chest.

"Throwing your life again, Heidi? I wonder if you'd really die, I mean, you're so happy to rush in and save people." Reported Max, scooting in closer to Remi, who nodded in agreement.

"At least I actually care!" Heidi snapped, frusteration now bubbling up into her throat. How could they not see she wasn't lying? "You guys act as if the people who died didn't even fight here!'

Max, Remi and Heidi were now standing; tempers were rising, and faces were getting red. Eren and Nelson sat awkwardly at the end of the table, watching the fight with a mixture of concern, uncertainty, and a little bit of fear. (Fighting girls were terrifying, really.)