𝟐𝟑. 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 - 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

EXT. GARDEN OF THE ROYAL PALACE - NIGHT

Isabel and Hérique are walking around the royal palace. They are both holding torches.

Hérique picks a rose from the garden. In fact, on this side of the garden, there are many bushes with different types of flowers (i.e. roses, ladies of the night, dandelions, etc...).

However, there's no sign of Leo around the palace, so Isabel sits on a bench. Hérique sits next to her.

HERIQUE: This one is for you.

Hérique gives Isabel the rose.

ISABEL: Thank you. (more)

In the distance, they see some people getting into coaches, trailed by white horses.

ISABEL (CONT'D): Maybe Leo has already gone home. I will talk to him tomorrow.

After a pause, Hérique tries to say something.

HERIQUE: Can I ask you one question? Why did you throw this party?

ISABEL: Excuse me?

HERIQUE: What made you decide to throw this party?

ISABEL: I know. I've understood the question. There's no need to repeat it. I was just wondering why you are interested in it.

HERIQUE: I am just curious. Since we are here, you could answer me... (more)

No answer from Isabel.

HERIQUE (CONT'D): I don't think you did it for the people. If there's a thing I've learned in the last few weeks, it's that Tybalt doesn't care about his subjects. And he wouldn't spend his money on them, so why would he plan a party in their honor? It doesn't make any sense. Besides, many knights assume that you're seeking a husband, but I don't think so... If you had really wanted to find a husband, princes and lords of the Golden Lands would have attended the ball. I didn't see any of them. There were only whoremongers of the upper class, farmers, knights that I see in the barrack every day, and I can assure you that none of them, actually it's better to say none of us, is on your level.

 There were only whoremongers of the upper class, farmers, knights that I see in the barrack every day, and I can assure you that none of them, actually it's better to say none of us, is on your level

ISABEL: Hérique, can I ask you one question too? Do you consider us so heartless?

HERIQUE: To be honest, I'm not sure what to think. The king's latest edict, in which he abolished donations, is...

ISABEL: Continue.

HERIQUE: It's completely absurd.

ISABEL: Instead, you knights, who arrive at the palace dressed in rags, are better than us?

HERIQUE: I have never come to the palace dressed in rags.

ISABEL: You did not, but other knights did. However... The lords and the princes of the Golden Lands were not at the ball because I didn't invite them. This ball was meant for the people to achieve something. And also to make them appreciate my brother more. Honestly, I believe you should reflect on the fact that you're serving a king in whom you don't have faith.

HERIQUE: Lady Stafford, the problem is that it's clear that the idea of the banquet and of inviting the people came from you and not from him. And it's the king who is supposed to give priority to his subjects, not his sister.

ISABEL: You're wrong about him!

HERIQUE: Maybe. In any case, before you go, I want to ask if you've met someone interesting tonight.

ISABEL: Maybe.

HERIQUE: Who?

Isabel gets close to him and gives him a quick kiss on the lips. Then, she stands up.

ISABEL: Goodbye, Hérique.

Isabel goes towards the palace.