𝟑. 𝐈𝐍𝐓. 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐃𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 - 𝐃𝐀𝐘

INT. SITTING ROOM OF CHRISTIAN IDE'S HOUSE - DAY

The sitting room of the Ide mansion has an aristocratic look with red theatrical curtains, a red velvet sofa that looks expensive, and a burgundy carpet. A large tapestry is hanging on the wall. It depicts the symbol of the family (a golden snake) and their motto: "Winning isn't important. It's the only thing that matters". Beside it, in the room, there are several family portraits. Some of them represent Christian's ancestors; they are all very refined, and a disgusted expression is on their faces as if to say: "Ew, poor people!". 

In the meantime, CHRISTIAN IDE (16) walks around the room with secure steps. His self-confidence makes him look older than his age. Christian has dark hair and complexion and is wearing a red silk suit and a little gold earring.

FRANK RIVIERE and CHARLES BAINARD, instead, are sitting on the red sofa. They're both holding a golden goblet full of wine, which they're sipping arrogantly. Frank is sixteen, has brown hair, a stocky physique, and a pockmarked and pimply face. Charles (16) has dirty blond hair and a very slight build. His skin is pale, and his blue eyes are piercing and cold at the same time.

Finally, JULYAN BAUDRY (16) sits on a brown leather armchair. Julyan is a good-looking adolescent with blue eyes who looks like a Prince Charming. He's also holding a goblet of wine and is wearing a light blue suit.

The four posh guys have created an actual anti-Tybalt club.

CHRISTIAN (in a pompous tone): Gentlemen, we are all here to talk about the serious issue that has arisen here in Nevergolden. As you know, yesterday, Lord Tybalt Stafford, an evil man our age, who doesn't grant us our rights as aristocrats, was crowned king of Nevergolden. He didn't invite us to the coronation party. Why? (more)

The other gentlemen are silent, even though they know the answer.

CHRISTIAN (CONT'D): We have to do something. And we have to do it soon because we can't be left out of other events. We were always invited when Lord Desmond was the king, and everything has to return to how it used to be. We must continue being prominent members of the society. It cannot change. So then? Have you got any ideas? Any solutions to this big problem?

JULYAN: We could pay the king. We're among the richest people of Nevergolden.

CHRISTIAN (with an acid tone): I don't think that the king needs our money. (Talking to himself in a low voice) Snail brain.

CHRISTIAN (CONT'D) (Talking to the others): Others?

CHARLES: What if we blackmailed him? Let's find out more about him and use it against him.

CHRISTIAN: What? Right now, we have nothing. (more)

Charles doesn't know what to answer. Christian rolls his eyes.

CHRISTIAN (CONT'D): Any other suggestion?

FRANK: Hmm...

CHRISTIAN: Yes?

FRANK: Christian, I might have an idea, but--

CHRISTIAN (annoyed by the infinite preambles): Go ahead, man. Speak!

FRANK (takes a sigh): Lord Tybalt... The king... He's basically an antisocial. He's always with his sister... And his relatives. One day... He might want to... Befriend with people his age. And we can... Pretend to be his friends.

CHARLES (horrified): WHAT?! FRIENDS OF HIS? No WAY!

JULYAN: It's not believable, then. I mean, I'm good at acting, but not that good.

CHRISTIAN (in an authoritarian way): SHUT UP, JULYAN!

Christian, thoughtful, is walking around the sitting room. After some seconds of reflection, Christian gives his opinion.

CHRISTIAN: Actually, Frank's idea is not so bad.

FRANK: REALLY?!

Frank smiles, excited because Christian, his friend, someone whom he respects so much, agrees with him.

CHRISTIAN: Yes... Surprisingly, even you are able to share some good ideas. In fact, if we gave him the tickets for the upcoming games of the polo season and invited him to join us for some of our games, he would believe that we were his friends. And the problem is solved.

CHARLES: No way! I don't want to hang out with that loser. And I don't want him at our games.

CHRISTIAN: Oh, come on, Charlie. They're just polo games. And we don't even like all the people we play with. We invite many of them just to make up the numbers.

CHARLES: I don't want him. Not even for show.

CHRISTIAN: So I should pick your suggestion? To blackmail Tybalt for something we don't even know? At least, this one is a concrete idea. And, sometimes, it takes some concreteness in life. So, let's vote. I say yes. Frank?

FRANK: The idea is mine, then yes.

CHRISTIAN: Two votes in favor. Julyan?

JULYAN: Yes, for me, too.

CHRISTIAN: Majority rules, Charles.

CHARLES (takes a deep breath): It's not fair, but I'll take it. I'll keep hating that man in silence.

CHRISTIAN: I declare the motion carried! And now, let's go and get our place back.

Frank and Julyan are celebrating as Charles shakes his head in disagreement.