𝟓. 𝐄𝐗𝐓. 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 - 𝐃𝐀𝐘

EXT. GARDEN OF THE ROYAL PALACE - DAY

This side of the garden doesn't have flowers, but the ground is grassy. You can also notice a few bushes here and there.

Leo is training with a sword and shield.

His opponent is RANDALL TABRAHAM (16), but they are not alone

His opponent is RANDALL TABRAHAM (16), but they are not alone. A dozen young knights, divided into pairs, are training, too. They all wear black knights' uniforms with a golden sun sewn on the front. The upper part of the uniform is primarily metallic, and they also wear a red cape.

Randall is brown-haired; he looks robust and strong. Their coach is AZTORE TABRAHAM, a forty-year-old man. He is dark-haired, beefy, and his face is as hard as a boxer's. He's also wearing a knight's uniform, but it doesn't have a sun on it. It's all black, and it has metal elements. Aztore is watching Randall and Leo fighting.

AZTORE: Real good, Leo. Boys, try and follow Leo, you all. Randall, good job, too.

RANDALL: Thanks, father.

After his father's praises, Randall starts training with a better attitude. In the meantime, his father is watching the other knights fighting.

The following two are Charles and HERIQUE DUMONT.

Hérique is a sixteen-year-old guy with dark hair and a dark complexion. His elegant and sober appearance makes him look less childish than the other knights.

AZTORE: Don't be so aggressive, Charles. Just don't kill Hérique. Hérique, that's fine...

Then Aztore notices GREGORY POSTEL (16), who looks clumsy at fighting.

Gregory has mahogany red hair, dark eyes, and a lot of freckles all over his face. He speaks with a lisp.

AZTORE: You. D' you think we're playing around?

GREGORY: I don't think so...

AZTORE: Remind me your name.

GREGORY: Gregory, sir.

AZTORE: Gregory. You're too far behind the other knights. If I don't see any improvement, you can go to pack your things and come back to the place where you came from. You're helpless here. You have to do more. (more)

At that moment, Hervy arrives. He's walking away from the royal palace. From the outside, the royal palace appears like a white-light-grey castle with many towers and a big group of windows.

AZTORE (CONT'D) (looking at Hervy with dismay): Speaking of people who must do more... Hervy, you are late.

HERVY: I had to tell the king about some urgent business.

AZTORE: Next time, remember about urgent businesses when you're not training. Now go and stand next to your brother Leo, and let the training begin again.

Hervy gets closer to his brother and starts training, fighting against him. All the other knights restart fighting each other, too. Randall is now fighting against his father.

LEO (talking to Hervy as they're fighting): How did it go?

HERVY: Forget it. Anyway, at the palace, I met Malie and Muriel.

LEO: The tattlers of Nevergolden.

HERVY: They were going to Isabel's. Malie said that Lady Isabel's mother wants her daughter to get married, and Malie wanted to suggest her to plan a ball.

LEO: With all the problems the subjects have, the king will throw other money away.

HERVY: Of course, but this is the least of our problems. It gets worse. Muriel and Malie were holding some pictures of the possible suitors. I caught a glimpse of one of them. There were us.

LEO: Impossible.

HERVY: I swear, it's true.

LEO: No. There must be some other suitors, for sure. Richer people... We are the last resort.

HERVY: If they had our pictures, we're not the last resort.

LEO: But... Why does she want us? We are just two simple knights. And the king doesn't even pay us.

HERVY: Who knows... Maybe she's looking for someone brave. And handsome. And smart.

LEO (laughing): And that's you?

HERVY: I'm just like that.

LEO: But please... You're not smart.

HERVY: Just laugh as you will, this is a grave problem. We'll have Lord Tybalt as a brother-in-law.

LEO: We'll never have him. Isabel would never choose us.

HERVY: You can ask Malie and Muriel if you don't believe me. Our parents will be happy to know that we'll marry Lady Stafford. It's more than they expected from us. And they'll fix a match, just like their family did for Arthur and Guinevere. But I don't want to be Arthur.

LEO: All right. I got it. Shut up. I'll dig around as long as you don't bother me anymore.

AZTORE (raising his tone of voice): KEEP TRAINING AND STOP TALKING ABOUT BULLSHIT! From his studio's window, Tybalt is watching the training of his knights.