Hundred-Fifteen

En başından başla

    Too much pain and sorrow in his life that he was afraid such a beautiful thing would scare me.

    I did not answer for a moment. Looking into Rhys's eyes and watching as the truth swayed within them. Dancing to a deadly rhythm. It was only then did I say quietly, "I have faced evils and death, I have gone to great cities and seen beautiful sights, been to dozens of worlds and seen all they have to offer." I rasped, "And...I do not think I have ever been happier than in this moment." I said, my words a soft sound as I caressed his cheek. "You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars, Rhys. And I would not have it any other way."

    His arms wrapped around me, and he placed his forehead on my shoulder, his body shaking. I stroked a hand through his silken hair.

    "I love you." I said again, the words flowing from my mouth as though that was what they had been made for. "And I'd endure every second of it over again so I could find you. When war comes, we'll face it. Together. I won't let them take me from you. Nor will I let them take you from me."

    Rhys looked up, his face gleaming with tears. He went still as I leaned in, kissing away one tear. Then the other. As he had once kissed away mine.

    I pulled back far enough to see his eyes, "You are mine."

    Rhys shuddered, leaning his head forward as his lips found mine. It was gentle—soft. The kiss he might have given me if we'd been granted time and peace to meet across our two separate worlds. "I am yours. Always."

    My lips melded with his, desperation growing within me with each passing second. Breath was nonexistent, all there was, was this. Everything. The entirety of joy and bliss compiled into one single moment.

    Rhys stopped, though he didn't pull away as he said against my lips. "You're mine."

    I took a breath, something like lightning racing through my veins as I breathed out. "I am yours. Forever."

    Us. This.

My love for him is boundless.

Constant. Deathless. Eternal. Infinite. Limitless. Unbroken. Undying. Unfathomable.

    And without end.

    Everything. My love for him was everything.

    "Always and Forever, Rhys." I muttered, my hands running along his chest, tracing the black markings I knew to be beneath his shirt. I had spent days thinking of those markings, finding them in my mind as I memorized every line.

    "Always and Forever, Danika." he echoed.    

    And then he kissed me again. And again. I slid my arms around his shoulders, opening my mouth to him, and his tongue slipped in, caressing my own. Mate—my mate.

    He hardened against me, and I groaned into his mouth.

    The sound snapped whatever leash he'd had on himself, and Rhysand scooped me up in a smooth movement before laying me flat on the table—amongst and on top of the paints.

    He deepened the kiss, and I wrapped my legs around his back, hooking him closer. He tore his lips from my mouth to my neck, where he dragged his teeth and tongue down my skin as his hands slid under my shirt and went up, up, to cup my breasts. I arched into the touch, and lifted my arms as he peeled away the long-sleeve in one easy motion.

    Rhys pulled back to survey me, my body naked from the waist up. Paint soaked into my hair, my arms, likely of the turquoise that had spilled. But all I could think of was his mouth as it lowered to my breast and sucked, his tongue flicking against my nipple.