015: Daddy Duties 2

JAKE POV

As soon as kira went to the room and slept, me and yuna bonded again. She wasn't that sleepy, so I tried to play with her. She's the type of kid to just smile and observe the person who's playing with her. She's a really quiet kid. Just like me when I was a kid.

"Is daddy too handsome for your face to look like that?" I said that because she only kept her sight on me. I didn't know if she needed anything, or she just wanted to look at my face.

An hour has already passed, and she's still very much awake and active. I read her a book. I already sang a lullaby just for her to sleep, but nothing worked.
My last shot was to stand up and swing her to sleep. It worked, but it took me 30 minutes to succeed. She fell asleep, but not until I placed her in her crib. She cried. So I went back up and carried her and did the same thing as what I did earlier.

"Please don't cry. Your mom is asleep, don't you want her to rest for a while?"
I begged her in hopes of her understanding what I've just said. Of course, she won't, but who knows.

After some time, she almost dosed off, but it failed when I heard a notification in my phone. It was a message from sunoo.

"Why did you have to chat at this time. Ugh! Yuna would've been asleep by now." I complained through my mind.

The Convo

Sunoo: We won't be home until tomorrow. we decided to extend your bonding with your small fam. Anyways, how is it doing there? Is there any update on your ongoing progress in courting her and having to fulfill the daddy duties?

Jake: What happened? Why won't you guys come here tomorrow? Being in a daddy duty was great. But courting I haven't made a move yet.

Sunoo: Nothing happened. Jungwon's trip will end tomorrow same as me visiting my mom but me and him will book a hotel room together tomorrow just for you to enjoy the 2 day experience of having to start and end your day with them. So take that opportunity to make your move.

Jake: I can't just force her to like me.

Sunoo: That's why you're going to be courting her. Istg I can't with you.

Jake: Idk, man, we met like 3 weeks ago? She might just probably reject me if I do that too fast.

Sunoo: Whatever you say, daddy.

Jake reacted ,"😾"

End of convo.

"Come on, love, aren't you concerned for making your dad stand up for the past 30 minutes already just to make you sleep?"  I told her as I looked at her with pure adoration in my eyes even though my legs were already sore from standing.

A couple of minutes later, she fell asleep. I didn't want to put her down yet because she might wake up again, so I held her 15 minutes more in my arms before I placed her on her crib.

It was a success, so in celebrating, I made myself a coffee and then binge watched some dramas on my phone.

Time went by really fast. I started binge watching at 12, and now it's currently 3 in the morning. Both of them are still asleep, so my night shift was 50% for yuna and 50% percent me time.

At 3:30, I decided to make kira some breakfast because I failed to cook dinner since I chose to take a nap first.

3 eggs and bacons would be enough.
I'll eat breakfast too before I sleep.

After cooking, I heard someone move inside the bedroom, so I knew she's already awake. I quickly ran to the coffee maker to prepare her coffee.
I didn't want to make her coffee if she's still asleep so that by the time she woke up, she would be sipping on a hot drink to start her day.

A few minutes passed, and she went out of the room and greeted me . Good morning. Of course, I replied to her and told her that her breakfast was ready. She nodded and thanked me.

By the time she woke up, I'd already finished eating my breakfast, so I didn't have to join her eat. But before I sleep, we did have some convos.

"How was your night shift? She asked.

"It was great. I had myself a little me time when she dozed off to sleep." I said.

"Hmm, that's good."

"How was your sleep?" I asked.

"I felt relaxed and motivated to start another day again. Thank you." She said.

I was getting really sleepy at that point, so I ended the conversation by saying,

"I'll have to sleep now. Good luck on your shift."

"Goodmornight I guess." As she said that, I went to the room then slept.

💗~