011: Confirmed

KIRA POV:

It's been almost 2 weeks since I gave birth to yuna. Napping really isn't my cup of tea anymore. I barely don't have any sleep 24/7. Thankfully, sunoo and jungwon are here. They take care of yuna when it's their day off.

Even though it only lasts for a day. At least I can enjoy sleeping for a maximum of 4 hours if they're here.

Yuna was asleep while I was doing the laundry. She was sleeping for an hour already when I saw a tall silhouette of a man standing in front of the crib of my daughter.

I was afraid, but I knew I had to find out who the man was. It can't be sunoo and jungwon since they aren't that tall. So I grabbed a pan from the kitchen and sneaked my way in the living room where my daughter is currently at.

"Shit, he's here." I mumbled.

Jake is here. And he's standing right in front of my daughter right now. At first, I couldn't believe it, so I rubbed my eyes a lot. What is he doing here? Did he already know about yuna's father?

He saw me. And he talked.

JAKE POV:

The gate was opened when I went to her apartment. I was going to bang her door too, but I noticed it was open, so I walked freely inside.

I saw yuna sleeping alone without any supervision. I didn't see kira there, so I stared at my sleeping daughter full of adoration until she arrived. I saw her peeking behind the divider, so I talked to her.

"I'm the father, right?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I continued.

"We weren't even interacting. I was scared, too." She explained.

"Scared of what?"

"Scared that you wouldn't accept her."
As I heard her say that my heart ached. I couldn't believe that she would imagine me being an irresponsible father.

"I wasn't going to do that," I said.

"It's too late for that. She's here already."

"Were you ever going to tell me about her if I didn't come here today?"

"No, but maybe yes. I don't know." She answered 3 answers, and I was sure that she wasn't going to tell me if I hadn't found out.

"I'll say this, now so you won't have to ask me later. You can visit her as long as you like. Since you're the father anyway. But I won't let you take her out without me or my permission. Is that clear?"

"Thank you. I understand, " I said, and she smiled.

I thought asking her if I could see my daughter every day would be hard. But no, It wasn't hard at all. In fact, I haven't even asked it yet she already said yes.
My heart felt happy. I know to myself that even though I'm still young, I can take care of my baby really well. I can raise her together with her mom with happiness and a kind and respectful heart. And so this is the start of my journey being a father.

"Come with me, I'll show you the basics in taking care of the baby." She said, so I followed her leading to the kitchen.

"Do you know how to make milk?" She asked.

"Mhmm, I do, but I still need to learn it properly." I said.

"Can you show me then?" She challenged me.

"Aight, sure. Hand me the baby bottle." I said confidently.

I firstly washed my hands thoroughly and grabbed the freshly heated water inside the kettle. Then, I prepared the baby formula that I would use. I next measured the water that I was going to put so it won't go to waste if accidentally spilled. I scooped one at first, but she told me that it might taste bland since the bottle was quite big, so I added a half scoop of the formula. Lastly, I put the cap on and shaked it until it was ready to serve. She looked amazed and shocked when I handed her the freshly made milk. She's still pretty even though she lacks sleep already.

"You did it like an expert. That's nice. I can sleep peacefully when you're taking care of her. But we're still not finished. I still need to test your abilities in feeding, burping, washing, cleaning, and making her fall asleep. Oh, I forgot this is usually the hardest one. Stopping the baby when she's crying." She said as if she was a teacher giving the steps in making the project.

💗~