Chapter XII: Milky Way Wishes

//strong language ahead

[Marx]

"Wh...where am I?"
The jester rubs his eyes, he saw himself in a bright white room with his hands covered in bandages, his right hand being hooked on a tube of of blood.

"What the fuck is this!?" He yelled in horror, he has never been in a hospital before therefore unfamiliar of what a blood transfusion is.

He tried to pull the tube out until he realize his body was locked in a cast. He panicked, what is going on? Is he being held hostage?

"Calm down dude you're gonna spill the blood we gave out to ya" one soccer player in his left called out.

"Y-you? What have you done to me!!"

"You're in a hospital. Right now your wounds are clean and patched up and we shared some of our blood so you can survive."

"Are you making me laugh? I don't need your-" Marx was about to say a nasty remark until he saw how close to dying he was on a nearby monitor.
"...was that me..?" He said while looking at a graphic disturbing image of him before he was sent to the hospital.

"Yeah, we carried you here by hand and I volunteered to sleep here overnight since I don't have parents waiting for me home."

Marx stayed silent in his bed thinking, does this mutt have ulterior motives? Why is he doing this for me? He thought, but if this smelly athlete wants to kill him he would've just did in his sleep.

What does this mean? Is this... genuine kindness? Towards Marx? He was puzzled. Not even Kirby bothered to drag him in a hospital after he was beaten to pulp.

"..." Marx's face softens up.

The soccer player doesn't mind sleeping in a fully air conditioned room for free so it wasn't a big deal to him.

The purple haired boy looks at himself and begins to speak,
"Th...tha-"

"New captain you awake!?" The rest of the group barges holding flowers and food

Marx was surprised, he felt happy somehow, his cheeks getting red, are those flowers for him? Did they all come to check if he was okay?
Yes!

"Y..you guys.." Marx muttered.

"I don't know what flowers you like but I think you like daffodils so here."

'What makes you think I like daffodils?'
He thinks to himself.

"I saw you order burgers from the cafeteria so you must like burgers!"

'it was literally the only food served!!'

He didn't want to spoil their caring act with his insults so he stayed silent.

"You feeling better?"

He nodded.

"We're glad! We want you to teach us more but Captain Bandana is back so you could rest as much as you like!"

"....oh..he is..really?
I'd like to talk to him once I get better."
His tone suddenly changed, his expression was tense.

"Ooookay, eat your food before it gets cold yo, we're gonna give you some space."

*Door closes*

He would be bedridden for a week so he has to keep his anger for Bandana Dee aside.

*Munch*

Beads of tears falls down his purple eyes as he chews on the team's homemade burgers. They taste mediocre but something about them made his heart warm and happy.