Chapter X: Just Like You

Long before the Dreamland we know today, the time where Kirby was still off to deal with Nightmare,

A young and small Waddle Dee with a fighting spirit stood in his feet.
In Castle Dedede, children are tasked to do simple chores while adults handle guarding and harder labor, this child however, refused listen to what the adults had to say and stayed on his post with a spear on his hand.

One day, the King was walking through the halls and saw the said Dee and immediately approached him.

The tiny Dee tried to sit still but his hand were shaking as the King was about to take a closer look.

"What's the little one doin here?"
The king asked a guard.

"Well it seems like he wants to be a guard your majesty, he won't listen to us when I tell him to give us the weapon!"

"Hmmm so you're a lil tough guy huh?" He looks closer,

The tiny Dee's heart raced, he doesn't know what to do, there's a chance that he could get punished for not doing what he's supposed to do-

"Welp Little Dee here has a passion for being a royal guard, maybe teach him the ropes will ya? Maybe he'd grow up to be my finest warrior who knows." He chuckles as he gives the
little one's head a pat.

The tiny dee's eyes widen, his eyes were almost tearing up, the King's approval is all he needed, from that day, he vowed to be strong, to defend King Dedede, to be his right hand man

The tiny dee's eyes widen, his eyes were almost tearing up, the King's approval is all he needed, from that day, he vowed to be strong, to defend King Dedede, to be his right hand man. He began to idolize his king, he trained and worked hard to get where he is today.

At the age of 14 he is now one of Dreamland's greatest defenders, He's almost like Dedede's own son, isn't that his long dreamed happy ending?

"When I grow up I want to be just like you Your Majesty!" Said the optimistic bandana dee.

Bandana Dee started his day like normal, he noticed his head felt a bit more heavy than usual, maybe he was just hungry.

An hour passed and he felt his stomach hurt, he has felt worse so he also shrugged that off.

Another hour passes and the stomach pain got really worse, he finally decided to ask for help.

"M...miss my stomach hurts..do you have some kind of medicine for it?"

"Oh! sir Bandana Dee! Let's get you to your room.." The servant girl noticed how the poor boy looked pale, she immediately told the other servants to prepare hot water.

"W-what's going on with me?" Bandee asked.

"Everything will be alright, this is happens to everyone, just sit still and I'll try to ease the pain."

"Okay.."

Around that time Kirby and Sailor were off to another trip, sailor is really taking advantage of her vacation, she managed to cheer Kirby up somehow by giving him as many food as she can make!