Chapter III: Other Friends

After watching more than an episode for hours and hours, Meta Knight felt something fall on his arms, it was Kirby fast asleep.

He quickly turns the tv off and wiped his mouth and hands full of grease and salt,

Meta Knight rubbed his eyes as he carried the pink boy to his bed, he looked out the window to notice that the sun had already set.

*Knock knock*

"Kirby?" A Servant Dee calls.

"He's asleep, come in."

"Oh! Sir Meta Knight, it's dinnertime. Please help yourself downstairs."

"Will do, thank you."

He tucks Kirby in with his blanket and stuffed toys and finally heads to the dining room.

"Haven't seen ya around for hours where you've been?"

"Me and Kirby watched that show he was talking about." Meta Knight sat down to his chair, with a full meal infront of him.

"No way you actually sit through there for hours?" BWD said genuinely impressed.

"Mhm."

"Kirby nappin or something?"

"Mmhm." Meta Knight nods as he chews on his food.

"Well that only means I get to eat his fo-" the king was interupted by  violent cough, it sounded like he was wheezing, he fell on his chair and coughed even more.

"Your majesty, are you ill?" Meta Knight quickly stood up.

"Nah nah just hand me a tomato ovah there *cough*." He pointed at a minifridge at the corner.

Bandana Dee didn't say another word and  immediately gave him the healing vegetable, Dedede immediately chomped on it.

Meta Knight helped the poor collapsed king from the ground to get up, he glanced at Dedede's blue hair to see gray strands pop out.

For a brief moment It reminded him that he's going to witness another close friend be taken by the hands of time.

He shaked his head and carefully placed the king onto his chair. Dedede was heavy but Meta Knight is strong enough to even carry him on one hand.

"See all good now!" Dedede was back to his enthusiastic self as he gobbles the entire maximum tomato.

BWD and Meta Knight looked at the king in concern. It was followed by silence as the both of them were in deep thought and worry.

Dedede noticed the atmosphere change and said,
"If I'm gonna die early...I'm happy knowing that I've fulfilled my purpose as a king and I'd be on my death bed smiling!" He patted their backs giving them a big bright smile.

"Eeaaah!" Bandana bursted in tears

"I'm just 50 somethin years old! I'll still be here in the next 50 years if I'm lucky nuff!"
He tries to comfort the sobbing bandana Dee.

"You have the lifespan of a normal human?" Meta Knight asked.

"Yeap, I'm just....just a half-penguin half-human after all..." Dedede cringes.

"Penguin?"

"I've always thought I'm half a beast because of my size and sharp teeth, it goes without sayin the result of that body exam years ago was pretty disappointing."

"It suits you." Meta Knight chuckled.

"HEY!"

Bandana watched Meta Knight continue to tease the king, he wiped his tears and laughed it all off.