Silent Thunder: Roadtrips....or I guess you'd call it Pawtrips

First I want to say sorry. I haven't updated in a month. I'm not going to make a bunch of excuses but I do want to say that the power was out for a while and then Wattpad went down. :(  Mostly, I've just been really busy. Again, sorry. Second, I want to say thank you to one of my most loyal fans, Trishthewriter. You are amazing! You comment on every single chapter and give me good, helpful feedback! Every time I read your comments I get a major confidence boost! Thank you! And last but not least, I have a question. The next chapter is going to contain a new character. I want to write the chapter from her point of view. Do you think I should? Or should I keep the story all Helen's point of view? Thanks again! Bye!

Copyright 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

I turned back to the forest and noticed Kyle was already pretty deep inside. I guess he didn't really mind leaving this town. I padded after him. He seemed like he knew where he was going and I didn't want to get lost. I finally caught up to him and we walked next to each other in silence. A very awkward silence. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate those? Finally Kyle spoke.

"So why exactly do we have to leave the wonderful town of Cincinnati ? Where everything we know and love is?", he said jokingly.

I blushed. (If that's possible as a wolf) Then I felt my stomach flop. I would actually have to tell him about my glowy light that heals things. I was going to sound even more freakish. Yay. But maybe I could get a secret out of him too.

"If I tell you my secret will you tell me one of yours?", I asked.

"Oh so its a secret now? Fishy, fishy, fishy.....", he replied.

I laughed. His sense of humor really was extraordinary. Who else could make jokes while leaving behind their hometown as a wolf? I still had to get used to that last part.

"Seriously! I'll tell you if you tell me! It's only fair!", I exclaimed.

I just wanted to know one thing. Anything!

"Hmm.......I used to steal cookies out of the cookie jar. Does that count?", he said with a smirk.

THAT IDIOT! He does everything he can to annoy me!

"No, no it does not.", I replied trying to keep my calm.

'Then why don't you tell me your secret first so I know what counts?", he asked.

I took a deep breath. It's not like he could leave me here alone because I had some magic power. Right? Here goes nothing.

"Do you ever experience things....that aren't normal? When you became a wolf the first couple times? A yellow light?", I asked cautiously.

He grew silent and stared at me. I couldn't tell if it was a yes or a no. I continued.

"I was in a car accident my sixteenth birthday. My friend was in the hospital and I went in to see her. I was crying because she was my best friend and then this yellow light appeared out of my hand. It-it healed her. Completely. I freaked out and ran out of there. I fell asleep on the ground by a river. When I woke up I was a wolf.",  I said, my voice shaking.

I sounded crazy. By this time I was crying. I didn't want to talk about this but I had to. Something was making me carry on.

"After that the McDonald's thing happened. I'm vegetarian so when the kid, Jimmy, threw a bag of burnt burgers on my face I ran. And hid in that old dumpster where you were. You know what happened after that.", I choked out.