Silent Thunder: We Take a Walk in the Woods

I had many difficulties on this chapter. I didn't plan this out as well as I thought I did. Oh well, I'll figure it. :) Truly, the character development is going along great, it's the main thing I'm proud of. They just took on a life of their own. Soon you'll meet the rest of the main characters. I really hope your enjoying the book. I'm sorry I take so long to update. I guess I just write slow and am to busy. I'll try my hardest to update sooner this time. But for now just enjoy. :) TTYL!

                                                         -Yushi  :^)

Copyright 2011 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fur on Kyle's back flattened in surprise. I bet mine did too. Unfortunately, you can't see yourself without a mirror. I don't know how many times I've wished that was possible. But seriously what were these wolves talking about, we had never been here before! How can we return to a place we haven't been? Were they crazy or something?

"Look, I have never been here before in my life so please just leave me alone okay?"

The wolf smiled. I had now figured out that he was teasing us more than threatening us. His eyes twinkled like when Kyle told a joke. That didn't make it any less frightening though.

"Just like I remembered your kind being! This is wonderful! You healers always were the first to talk back, so defensive."

I faltered for a moment. My kind? You healers? What?! I'd never met him or been here in my life. What did he know about my kind? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was officially crazy. Or demented.

"What is your problem? I DON'T KNOW YOU! Get away from me you crazy, spastic wolf. Maybe you have rabies or something. Does that cause you to think you know people, I mean wolves, you OBVIOUSLY don't know?"

The wolves around me gasped, stepping back. I'd definitely said something I shouldn't of. Like always. What had gotten into me lately? First Walter, now this. I don't think it's a good idea to insult the wolf that is most likely the leader of the pack. The craziness of my situation must be getting to me. But instead of him attacking me, he laughed. Hard. I looked sideways at Kyle. He hadn't said anything since the leader had spoken. He gave me a nervous smile.

"She's right, Sir.", he said, shaky.

Sir?  The leader smiled an annoying know-it-all smile.

"I didn't mean her physically. I meant her ancestors, her kind. Yours too. Most of the others we had to track down. Your little pack seems to have just walked our way. Odd."

I hate strange things. I know that sounds hard to believe with all the strange things that had been happening lately but normally I go out of my way to avoid strange things. I think this was pretty high up on the Strange Scale.

"What are you talking about?", Kyle asked, confused.

"I'll explain when we get there. Stay with us and don't fall behind."

The pack started on their way with us in the middle, surrounded. What was going on? And how were we going to carry Jonah? Fortunately, at that moment one of the wolves stepped on her ear. She woke up, howling. Great.

"What's going on? Where am I?", she said. Then she realized what was happening. And tthat she was surrounded by wolves. "AHHHHHHH!!", she screamed, tumbling backwards.

Well, this was just wonderful. She chooses NOW of all times to wake up. Kyle gave her a death stare. She quieted down and got to her paws, taking deep shallow breaths. Kyle's death stare was pretty scary. It even freaked me out a little and he wasn't even giving it to me. I walked over to her.