Silent Thunder: We Watch a Movie

• Dedicated to The fans who stick with my story even though I write so slow

I know its been a while. A long while. But I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway. I got a laptop/netbook for the holidays so I'll be able to update more often. I don't want to make any promises but you can expect an update by the end of the holidays. I'll have 16 hours of travel to type through. Should be PLENTY of time, don't you think? Enjoy this chapter. It explains a lot. I think thats why it took so long. Happy holidays!                                            Love,

                                                                         Yushi

Copyright 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

The tunnel stretched down for what seemed like miles. The tunnel was cramped and hot. I started to feel claustrophobic, as if the sides were closing in on me. When the tunnel finally leveled out I was breathing hard. We had come to an underground cave that was dimly lit with torches. The fire flickered when we walked past, creating eerie shadows. Gilligan glanced back at us and smiled slightly.

"Welcome to your new home."

I shivered at the thought. What was he talking about? There was no way in the entire world that I would live down here. I wanted to go stand next to Kyle but there was only enough room in the cave to walk in a single file line, me, Jonah, and then Kyle. I wondered how Jonah felt. She'd been on edge since we had come to the clearing in the forest. I was so deep in thought I hadn't noticed Gilligan had stopped walking and ran right into his backside. We all fell like dominoes, me on top of Gilligan, Jonah on top of me and Kyle on top of her. We were literally in a dog pile. I laughed out loud at that thought.

"What on earth are you laughing at?! This hurts!", exclaimed Gilligan.

At that me, Jonah, and Kyle all collapsed into hysterical laughter. We laughed so long and so loud my stomach began to hurt. Gilligan's disapproving face just made us laugh harder. Once we got untangled Gilligan stretched and glared at me. I shrunk back, he could look pretty fierce if he wanted to. Then he sniffed and walked on down the cave. I turned to Kyle and Jonah, shrugged and then followed.

~~

The tunnel stretched on and on, sometimes forcing Gilligan to chose between twenty tunnels. I became utterly lost but Gilligan seemed to know his way around fine. It was around this time I realized I could never escape this underground cave without his help. That scared me. Who knew what he wanted with us. I turned and whispered my discovery into Jonah's ear. Her eyes widened and she turned a\to Kyle and told him. He gave me a panicked look and shivered. I couldn't help but feel like something wasn't right here. Suddenly Gilligan stopped abruptly but I was alert this time and didn't run into him. I wouldn't want to do that again.

We had stopped at a small circle in the passage way. Five doors were on each side, all a different color. There was black, purple, yellow, green, red, blue, and a cream colored yellow with gray flecks. Just like my fur. My stomach plummeted and an uncontrollable urge forced me towards it. Without a thought I was suddenly opening the door.

"Helen, what are you doing?!"

I spun around to face the voice. Kyle and Jonah were staring at me in  wide-eyed wonder. Gilligan gave me a knowing smile.

"Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking."

Kyle gave me a weird look and turned to Gilligan.

"What are we doing here? What do you want?"