Silent Thunder: I Take a Projector to the Head

Slowly my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting. My heart was beating at one hundred miles an hour and I couldn't breathe. I just refused to accept this. Looking around the table I saw similar stunned expressions on the other wolves. Jonah looked like the only one who really believed this nonsense. But a small voice in the back of my head said This is true. Believe it. I pushed it out of my mind.

Gilligan walked into the room, enjoying the stunned looks on our faces. I wanted to punch him. He really was crazy. What a nutcase. He waltzed over to the projector and sat down.

"Any questions?"

I was the first to say anything. "Here's some for you. One, are you crazy? Two, do you really expect us to believe this load of crap? And three, when can I go home?"

I don't know where the home thing came from. The other wolves came out of their stunned silence and looked at me in awe. Then they turned on Gilligan. He looked a little frazzled under their stares but stayed calm.

"No, I am not crazy. Yes, you should believe this "load of crap" because its real. And this is your home now. You should start accepting this. It's your life after all."

That just made me more angry. No one talks to me like that. I stood up and walked over to him. This is when my popularity skills came into play. I was taller than him, stronger than him, better than him. He was going to listen to me or die. Well maybe not actually die, but you get the point.

"Now you listen to me Gilligan. This will NEVER be my home. I don't care if that story is true or not. I'm not staying here. I don't care about wolves. I don't care what happens to you. You could die for all I care. I know one thing for sure. You can't make me stay here and I won't."'

The other wolves. all except for Jonah, stood behind me. We must have looked pretty intimidating. But Gilligan surprised us all.

"Yes I can.", he said. And then he pushed the entire projector on my head.

~~~~~~

I woke up in a cream colored room. There was window lined with gray drapes but it was closed. All the furniture was gray. The sheets were cream colored though. I felt warm and good. But then my head started pulsing and I remembered everything. Gilligan. I wanted to kill him. How dare he?! I took deep calming breaths and paced the room. My head felt as though it would fall of my shoulders.

Just then there came a knock on the door. I hesitated. What if it was Gilligan? I didn't know what would happen if I saw him again.

"Who is it?"

"Jonah. Can I come in? I want to talk. Oh, I brought breakfast too!"

I sighed.

"Come in."

She walked through the door, looking nervous. She glanced around the cozy little room.

"Aw! I love your room! It feels like a little cottage! Its so adorable!"

"Did you really just want to talk about my room or did you have another reason for coming in here?"

Jonah sighed.

"Okay, you got me. I wanted to talk about that movie and what Gilligan said. He's right you know."

I flopped onto the bed. Jonah followed suit.

"And how would you know that exactly? It doesn't even sound believable.", I said, agitated.

She glanced around the room nervously. Then she lowered her voice to a whisper.

"You know how the video said that some wolves have the gift of prophecy? I think I have it."

"What do you mean?"