now playing: 2.3 - go home, kid

Start from the beginning

When she pressed play, she immediately adjusted her hearing to the crackling and distortion, hearing the audio perfectly. The lighting was a bit too dark, but she could remember the outlines of the league members.

She watches as Twice slowly leads a male, who she assumed to be the Yakuza leader, into the factory and she feels shivers run down her spine as she hears the leader speak for the first time as he complains about the dust.

Her body had frozen to the floor, her fingers trembling as it hovered over the spacebar. She was too terrified to even pause the video.

"The young head of the Shie Hassaikai... So he's the number two of organised crime? Oh my, I've never seen anything like him!"

She watched as the male figure came into the light, causing her to suddenly clutch her head as her eyes recognised his all too familiar appearance. Her laptop slid towards her as her legs recoiled to her body, haphazardly bringing the screen closer to her.

She knew that the case the detective had outlined to her sounded way too familiar.

"So, why is the impoverished yakuza boy here?"

"It's less about All Might, and more about the loss of All For One." His voice slithered into her ears, poisoning her and impeding on her movements. "Right now, for both those in the sun and those in the shadows, there is no leader. So then, who will be the next leader?"

Her eyes widened her fingers pulling at her hair as she trembled with pure fear and anger.

She felt her heart drop as Shigaraki immediately challenged him, claiming he was already in line as the next leader.

However, the yakuza leader proved himself to be more prepared as he questioned Shigaraki's plan. He pulled apart their past dealings and questioned their moves as a league, making a league that had kidnapped her seem small minded and unprepared.

The way he talked about the villains who'd died in Shigaraki's hands was as if they were chess pieces in a game, as if they were poorly played and were lost due to their own incompetencies.

"But I have a plan." The masked man announced, "I didn't come here today because I wanted to join you. In order to execute my plan, I need a lot of money. There isn't really anyone willing to invest in some obsolete small-time yakuza. But it'd be different if I had you guys, with your increasing name recognition. Put yourselves under me. I'll show you how well I can use you. "

Kazumi's breathing grew erratic as she remembered those exact eight words spoken to her two years ago. It really is you... Dad.

The video had been cut off. The parts where he'd murdered Magne and chopped Compress' arm off hadn't been provided to Kazumi since they concluded that it was probably unnecessary for her to see it.

She tried catching her breath, staring at her white knuckles. She didn't know whether she was terrified or absolutely livid. She slammed her laptop closed before snatching her headphones off, putting them around her neck.

She hated to admit it, but Bakugou was right. She shouldn't have agreed to work for Tsukauchi. Her kidnapper had been closely linked to the League after all.

Kazumi fell backwards onto the floor, her hair splayed out on the roof as she stared at the starry sky.

When she was younger and couldn't control her quirk, she used to love looking up at the dark sky and imaging space. The one thing Kazumi was envious of were astronauts. The thought of space has always calmed her down given that noises couldn't be heard in space because space has no air to vibrate and that is how sound travels.