𓆝.° 。˚. CHAPTER 19 .° 。˚𓆛*.。.

"........why?" Y/n asked awkwardly.

Even though she kind of knew they way Lo'ak thought about her, she didn't expected him to actually wanting to be in a relationship with her.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

But Lo'ak who looked rather lost of words, needed a moment to collect his thoughts.

"What do you mean 'why' ?" He laughed.

"I like you- like a lot, and thought you do too, so we you could be my gf, you know?" He asked, avoiding eye contact. 
By now he knew her well enough to know that he should have thought this sentence through more beforehand.

If Lo'ak was honest with himself,  didn't fully believed that she felt the way he did.

He wished he could punch himself because of his weird request, but that probably wouldn't improve Y/n image of him.

He wanted to lean on the jetty next to the two to hide his nervousness and maybe show off a little self-confidence.
Unfortunately the dock was further away from him than Lo'ak had guessed, so his elbow just slipped past, and he stumbled into the water and ran against the jetty.

But Y/n just started laughing hysterically.

She threw her head back, and put a hand in front of her mouth as if she could hide the fact that she was laughing.

Lo'ak weren't used to this of her, but he definitely liked it.

It wasn't a small, faint giggle like what one might assume from her appearance, it was a mix of uncontrolled panting and loud cackling before escalating into a whispered scream of laughter.

He, on the other hand, found the situation less funny than more embarrassing.

He pursed his lips, eying her.

After a few moments, long moments, Y/n calmed down and looked back at at the boy.

Lo'ak scratched his elbow, although it didn't itch him there, and looked down.

"So...about my question...do you want to be my gf?..or?" He asked awkwardly.

Y/n didn't want reject him because she didn't like him, she thought about rejecting him because of her past and the experience she had with boys.
She didn't want to lose him, but she didn't want to commit to him either. She had experienced first-hand what can happen when you put too much trust in a person you didn't know well enough.

But Lo'ak just watched her obviously struggling with the decision, and suspecting a disappointment, so he turned away from her.
"It's okay, don't worry.", he told her, trying to hide the sadness that was more and more started to spread inside him.

Y/n was starting to feel bad too, but she just couldn't bring herself to stop him from leaving.

Lo'ak spent the rest of the day at his families marui, he didn't even show up at the clan meeting, which his father was pretty upset about it.
But he just couldn't help it.

Right now he didn't like the entire 'being-in-love' - thing, he hadn't expect it to hurt that much.

It had also got even worse when he saw Y/n playing outside with the Metkayina children, it didn't seemed to bother her at all.