𓆝.° 。˚. CHAPTER 3 .° 。˚𓆛*.。.

When Lo'ak opened his eyes, he was exposed to a tragedy beautiful underwater world.

Huge coral reefs were built up on sand as well as gigantic boulders that looked rock-like. The most diverse plants curled up in harmony with the current.

He looked down and saw Y/n a few meters below him.

Her gaze was already on him, and her eyes met his.

Aonung hovered beside her. He gestured the two brothers to follow him, by moving his head to the left.

Neteyam immediately dove deeper.

Lo'ak followed, but they were far slower than Y/n and Aonung.  Their bodies were not designed for aquatic life.

The bodies of the Metkayina had adapted to the conditions in the water over time. The muscles of their torsos and backs were more pronounced, their arms were also different, resembling fins and obviously serving that function while swimming.

Lo'ak tried to follow them but was again way too slow, he had to surface every few meters to catch his breath. Neteyam had similar problems, but Aonung was more understanding with him than with Lo'ak.

A school full of smaller gray-blue fishes had just passed them when Lo'ak reached out to try and touch one, but Y/n slapped his hand away.

She gave him a similar disappointed look to the one from his father, before shaking her head at him.

Though he knew she wasn't serious. Lo'ak watched her quickly turn her head away from him, to hide a small smile.

-

Aonung was annoyed. Why did he have to carry those morons around with him, what did he do to deserve that?

When Neteyam and Lo'ak parted from the two again to catch their breath, he turned to his sister, "Don't say you start to like them? I saw the way you look at lil sully jr." he demanded angrily.

Y/n knew he was talking about Lo'ak.

She huffed in outrage, causing a few bubbles to rise towards the sea surface.

"Stop it, this isn't funny." Y/n rolled her eyes at him.

Lo'ak and neteyam had meanwhile rejoined the two siblings, who were still giving each other looks, both brothers couldn't comprehend.

-

"C'mon." Y/n said simply.

She took Lo'ak's hands and placed them on her waist from behind, she explained that the two of them were far faster together with her help, than if he would continue to swim alone.

-

Lo'ak flattened his ears in confusion, but she was right. 

They were by far faster than before, he even started to enjoy swimming.  Though, he thought, she had done most of it.  She had led the four back to the fractal reef. In doing so, y/n had dragged herself and him all the way through the water.

-

Y/n had watched Lo'ak closely. He was really acting like a child. 

At first he still held on with healthy distance to her, and helped her swim, now he was just hugging her taille while letting himself float with the water, and excitingly watched the many colorful fishes they passed.

-

They had now reached the fractal reef, and it was now flat enough for them to be able to stand comfortably.

Y/n emerged first from the water, closely followed my Lo'ak.

A few minutes later and a pretty pissed-looking Aonung appeared out of the sea surface, together with Neteyam.

-

Y/n remembered again that they're were supposed to show them the Ilu's.

To Aonung's discomfort, the brothers would not be able to make a poor attempt at riding an Ilu today.

He knew that they wouldn't come around tomorrow, still he wanted to see someone being thrown through the sea.

So he chattered his teeth and made various noises intended to attract an Ilu.

Neteyam and Lo'ak just looked at each other in confusion.

The kept watching the boy while spinning around making strange noises.

Neteyam was about to comment on this weird scene, when he was grazed by a scaly skin on his thigh. 

Lo'ak now seemed to notice the creature too.

* ・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・*

* 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。 *

Lo'ak looked over at y/n who was watching the ilu with a warm smile.

He just couldn't help but smile too.

—————————————————————————
AN- hiiii ☕️ ☕️☕️ I hope you enjoyed :D xx
(A rather short chapter, I know)