𓆝.° 。˚. CHAPTER 1 .° 。˚𓆛*.。.

Lo'ak woke with a start, remembering that he was still sitting on his ikran and couldn't just close his eyes no matter how tired he was.

He looked to his side to his older brother Neteyam, he also seemed tired, but not as tired as lo'ak feels.

Lo'ak shook his head, trying to focus again.

-

The Sully's had a long journey already behind them. You could see that it all hurt them, having to leave their home. But Jake knew that all that counts now, is to protect this family.

Even if she did not show it, Neytiri knew he was right.

She let out another sign, and looked down at the child in her arms, her youngest daughter Tuk. She was still half asleep, but who could blame her? Sleeping on an ikran during the night, while they kept getting caught by storms and rain.

Neytiri stroked her cheek and tucked braid behind
her ear, that was just about to fall into her face.

A whistle made her ears flap to the left. She turned her gaze to her husband, who was giving her a sign to now go down.

Awa'atlu. It's the main village inhabited by the Metkayina clan, and hopefully a place where they could take shelter for a while. It is marked by beautifully and artfully woven structures, clustered among the sheltering roots of giant mangrove-like trees.

The Metkayina seemed to have heard their Ikrans hisses as they tried to find a spot to land. Before they all even has dismounted, a crowd of people had formed around them.

Curious looks were thrown at them.

Lo'ak and Neteyam didn't felt well at all, being looked and judged like that, from all these weird people they now had to friend up with.

Their Father had pushed them all behind him, giving Lo'ak the typical "don't-dare-to-fuck-up-now"-look he would always get when being around new people.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes, but nodded in agreement.

Out of the crowd stepped a man that introduced himself as Tonowari. Tonowari is the olo'eyktan of the Metkayina clan. Just like their father, he oversees the general well-being of his clan including leading hunts, building and repairing of village structures and a lot more.

Next to him his wife, and tsahìk of the Metkayina Clan, looked rather unhappy with the ongoing situation.

After a while of talking, and Jake explaining whole they seek help, Tonowari raised his word again

"You may stay then, Jake Sully and his family."

Lo'ak tried to fake enthusiasm with giving a small-rather forced looked smile, to Ronal and Toniwari.

Neteyam did the same, but Kiri didn't even tried. She was clearly annoyed and wasn't afraid to let everybody know.

"Well then", Ronal begun, "Let me introduce you to my son Aonung, my daughters Tsireya and Y/n."

Aonung, he seemed to be oldest. He pushed his chest out, and slightly raised his chin, as he was called. He has the exact same look as Ronal plastered on his face.

Neteyam gave his brother a look.

Two other girls were now standing next to Ronal. Twins, it seemed.  The girl now known as Tsireya had big blue eyes, they lighted up as the corners of her mouth twisted into a smile.  Neteyam gave her a simple nod, lo'ak just raised a eyebrow at her.

* ・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・*

* 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。*

Ronal now gestured to the second girl. 

Lo'ak's jaw dropped openly, beyond his ability to control. A girl with long black wavy hair, that was initially braided but then blurred in her curls.  Several shells were scattered in her hair, which served as jewelry.  She had piercing green eyes, unlike the rest of her family.  She looked similar to her family and especially her twin of course, but there was something different about her.  Lo'ak couldn't understand why he was reacting the way he was, or why he was having thoughts like this.

Neteyam had to suppress a grin when he saw his brother staring at y/n.

Lo'ak snaps out of his thought when his brother lays a hand on his shoulder.

The boy quickly looked down in shame.

All eyes were on him. His father glanced at him confused, and he jolts his head in one direction, gesturing then to follow.

As he eventually passed y/n, she looked at him in confusion that almost bordered on disgust.

-

'Oh damn' he thought..

—————————————————————————
AN- have a great day, I hope you like it!