𓆝.° 。˚. CHAPTER 13 .° 。˚𓆛*.。.

The four, Lo'ak, Aonung and two of his fellows, were now at the docks, settling their Ilu's.

Lo'ak was still suspicious about the entire situation, but at the end it is Aonung, the son of the Olo'eyktan and the older brother of Lo'ak's dear, Y/n.

And it would be great for them to get along, since they're probably not able to avoid each other.

"C'mon sully, don't wanna waste anytime, right?" Aonung laughed.

Aonung did not plan to actually kill the boy, he was just gonna bring him out of the reef where it's safe for him, and then....someone other will do the job for him.

They swung themselves on the glittering creatures.

Aonung signalled the others to follow him.

The four of them made their way to the end of the reef. Even though Lo'ak still had a bit of a bad feeling about the entire thing, he was happy about the other boys taking him with them.

Lo'ak never felt very connected to other members of the Omatikaya clan, also he always stood in his older brother's shadow, so it was a good feeling of being on the way to actually make friends.

One of the people he felt comfortable with was Y/n, but it was different to have a almost-probably soon-girlfriend, than having a friendship with boys his age.

So he just ignored the strange feeling that had developed in his stomach since they left the village.

"Okay Lo'ak, wanna hunt? I'll show you a little trick." Aonung spoke to him.

"yeah, alright." Lo'ak replied.

Aonung made a head-move towards the water before diving in.

Lo'ak searched for Aonung, but soon gave up and finally followed him into the water.

Aonung was already waiting for him, he handed Lo'ak a kind of crossbow. 
He showed lo'ak how to lure his prey, a medium-sized gray fish, and hid with him behind a huge trunk of coral.

"Okay mate, you just have to pull the trigger and grab him." Aonung told him, while patting Lo'ak's shoulder.

Lo'ak held still for a few moments before he finally shot, causing the arrow to pierce through scales of the fish.

Proudly Lo'ak swam towards the, now dead, creature, pulling it up by the arrow.

He turned to see.....nothing.

Where aonung used to float, there was no sign of anybody anymore.

Lo'ak swam confused to the surface of the water.

Not long ago there had been Aonung, his two fellows and Lo'ak's ilu.

Everything was gone.

An unpleasant feeling spreed through him.
Had they really left him?, he thought to himself.

'They couldn't', Lo'ak tried to convince himself.

"Aonung? Guys? That's not funny, you know." he shouted, turning around in every direction.
But nobody answered.

The sea was unusually calm, Lo'ak would be able to hear it if somebody hid from him, or were pulling a joke.

He thought for moment, while he was still turning in every direction, hoping to spot anyone from Aonung's group.

Than it hit him.