Eric took my hand while Max gave me a sympathetic look.

“Do not worry lover, you are strong, and I will be there with you for everything. What do they say, oh yes, I will be your cheerleader.”

It made me crack a slight smile at imagining Eric in a cheerleading skirt, shirt, and a pair of pompoms yelling, “Go Violet!” But then I grimaced cause that was just weird.

I thought more about the fight part and suddenly got really nervous. “Max it’s not a fight to the death right? One of us doesn’t have to die right?!”

“No, there will be three rounds. You have to win at least two of them.”

“Ok I can deal with that. Two rounds. Got it, no problem.”

~

My phone read 3 A.M. when we got to Miami and I clung to Eric like a life saver to a raft once we stepped off his jet. There was no telling what could happen and I needed him by my side more than anything.

“Relax lover I am here with you.” Again and again Eric gave his words of assurance and was sending me waves of love through our bond while all of us climbed into a limousine. It relaxed me some till we arrived at a huge white mansion. The outside looked modern with a hint of Mediterranean mixed into the design, and I was only imagining what the inside looked like.

Once the limousine stopped at the gate surrounding the estate ten guards came out. There were at least four women and the rest were men, all dressed in heavy duty SWAT looking uniforms. Yikes, talk about badass.

Eric’s door opened and a woman guard began talking to him so fast I had no clue what they were saying. From what I could tell he nodded and we were on our way through the gate. My breath became short and my hands shook with anticipation. I had no clue what awaited inside…

~

Well I found out soon enough. The driver dropped us off at the front doors and a tall Spanish looking man stood out side in a grey suit waiting for us with his hands behind his back. Instantly Eric felt a tad nervous and when I went to look up at him he was kneeling on the ground.

“Uh-”

“Your majesty.”

Was this the king of Florida? I looked around and all (Pam, Eric, and even the driver who got out of the car) except for Max who gave a curt nod, were kneeling on the ground.

“Your majesty,” I smiled and bowed. He came forth and I was shocked (even though I knew I shouldn’t have been) to see the king was quite a gorgeous man, and was probably no older than twenty five when he was turned into a vampire.

He took my hand and raised it to his nicely shaped lips. The silky feeling of them remained like a cold cloth on the back of my hand after he pulled away and bowed to me. “My lady.” I blushed and I heard Eric growl in my head.

Honey, please be calm.

The king turned to look at Eric for a second who was still kneeling and then turned back to me. This time I looked him over. His dark rich curly hair was short and shiny looking, his skin had an almost olive tint to it, his eyes were a chestnut brown color, but I swore I saw a hint of purple in there as well around the iris, and he was built but with a slender grace to him. All in all, a fine man- or vampire.

“My name is Rafael, King of Florida,” The king introduced himself humbly and I told him it was nice to meet him before introducing myself. “I know,” He winked and we made our way inside.

~

Upon our arrival, the king (who insisted on my only calling him Rafael) told us he would be expecting us in one hour for myself and Eric to be presented to the rest of the royalty amongst the vampires tonight. Pam was all gung hoe about getting me ready and picked out my dress that was made of a cotton/silk fabric. It was strapless and went down to just above my knees. The dress was white at the bust and just below that it was black until just above my belly button before it went white again and finally fading to grey. A huge red rose was on the black part with a black ribbon attached while a few red pedals were scattered on the lower part of the dress. It was gorgeous.