41

November 18, 1537

     "Oh, it looks so improved."

Narcissa was visiting Alexander in his farm home, Henry had allowed her to go for some reason, very weird though in her opinion.

"It's very nice of the king to allow you to visit me." Alexander says, organizing the books, as Narcissa passed him a few,"He's definitely up to something though, I can feel it in my bones." He sighs, as Narcissa shakes her head.

"Why not tell me about that young lady you met?" Narcissa chuckles, as Alexander shakes his head, climbing down the ladder,"What's her name? When will I meet her? Is she kind?"

"Her name is Isabelle Commer." Alexander chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck,"You'll meet her, when she isn't busy with her job."

"She has a job."

"Yes, actually, she sells fruits." Alexander says, as he, and Narcissa both sit down on the couch,"Of course, she's kind, I only know her because she spoke to me first." He chuckles, and Narcissa nods, fixing her dress a bit.

"She's right for you, Alexander." Narcissa smiles, taking his hand,"Isabelle is a lucky lady to have a man like you in her life, I certainly was." She smiles, as Alexander nods, pulling her into a hug.

Narcissa smiled, and hugged him back, smiling, and sighs.

"Of course, I was an idiot, she probably isn't." Narcissa chuckles, as Alexander shakes his head,"If you propose to her, her life will be set here." She says, punching him.

"Yet, you got an even better life with a king."

"Who was married to my sister."

Alexander nodded, as Narcissa gets up, putting her hand on her stomach, walking around.

"Sometimes I dream of a life, where I didn't marry Henry." Narcissa sighs, playing with her locket,"It alway ends in disaster, marrying non stop, my sister would still be dead, but that means I wouldn't have gone, and seen her."

"What do you mean?" Alexander asks, sitting up straight.

"I mean, the only reason the king met me was because I went to the execution." Narcissa sighs, putting her hand on her arm,"I imagine, I'm married well, I have a family, but of course the only thing that is missing is Anne." She says, walking around.

"I understand you miss Anne very much." Alexander says, getting up, as Narcissa nods, standing in front of the window,"But maybe the best thing to do is let go of someone you no longer have." He says, walking over, and puts his hand on her shoulders,"Let go of George, and Anne in some way, perhaps you'll stop thinking about them."

Narcissa had tried to let go of Anne, and George, but she just couldn't, they were her family, it wasn't easy, just to let them go, as if there birds, they were real people, she grew up with, she couldn't just throw them out of her life.

"I must be getting back before the king thinks the worst." Narcissa tells Alexander, who nods, watching her grab her stuff,"I don't want to end up with no head after all." She chuckles, grabbing her bag, as Alexander nods, walking to the door.

"Hopefully, you can come by again, your majesty." Alexander says, bowing, as Narcissa shakes her head, flipping his head up,"I'll be here for you, no matter what, Narcissa." He says, as Narcissa smiles, kissing his cheek.

"Goodbye, Alexander." Narcissa says, picking up her dress, walking out, and Alexander leaned on the door, waving.

There was some stuff Narcissa left out of her dream, like the man she married, her family, everything.

Her dream was about Alexander, it's hard to let go of your first love, hard to let go of anyone, but at some point, it'll slip through your fingers, and you wouldn't even know about it.

November 20, 1537

     Narcissa was reading a new book, finally putting down Wind Wool, it always broke her heart when she finished it, but Henry had given her a few new books.

Narcissa was sitting on her bed, running her finger on the page, this new book was called Legends of others, it was like any other typical story with the man rescuing the damsel, very original.

Snuggles jumped on the bed, resting next to Narcissa, who smiled, petting him, kissing his head.

"Issa."

Narcissa looked up, and saw Henry had entered, and she smiled, getting down, but Henry walked over, helping her down.

"I have a surprise for you, my love." Henry says, kissing her cheek, making Narcissa chuckle, shaking her head,"A very good one, you'll fall in love with it."

"Is it a portrait of you, my love?" Narcissa chuckles, as Henry laughs, shaking his head,"Well, let me see my surprise." She says, picking up her dress, her other Hand on her stomach.

"On the other side of the curtain." Henry says, walking over, opening it to reveal something Narcissa definitely would fall in love with.

"Is that a poodle?" Narcissa asks, smiling, walking over, and pets the podadles head,"Aw, it's adorable, Henry."

"She indeed is." Henry chuckles, as Narcissa smiles big, chuckling,"What will you name her, darling?"

Narcissa sighs, trying to think of a name, then claps, petting her head.

"How about Lily?" Narcissa asks, looking over at Henry, as the dog made circles around Narcissa.

"Excellent name, my love." Henry says, kissing her cheek, making Narcissa giggle,"Lily is an excellent name for a poodle like her."

Narcissa pet Lily's head again, and smiles, clapping her hands.

"Oh, thank you very much, my love." Narcissa says, pulling Henry into a hug, as he hugged her back,"This is one of the best gifts you have given me."

"What's the best gift I have given you?"

"Does your love count?" Narcissa asks, making Henry laugh, and she put a hand on his cheek, kissing his cheek, and pulled him in a hug again,"Thank you, my love." She sighs, as Henry hugs her back, but not as tight as she is,"I love you very much, Henry." She says, letting go of him, and looks back at Lily, who looked very excited,"Come now, meet Snuggles." She says, walking over to her bed with Lily, following her.

Henry smiled, pulling the curtains, then closed them, and sighs, looking down.

Henry was trying very hard to get Narcisa to love him more, because he knew if he didn't, she would grow smarter then before, and one day, she would be the death of him, that's what worried him Narcissa getting smarter.