(25) Time Marches On. . .

"Now is not the time." Luther cuts Klaus off.

I shoot Luther a glare. "No, let him finish."

Diego nods. "He saved my life today."

Skepticism appears on Luther's face as he looks at Klaus, me, and Diego, and then back to Klaus. "Is that true?"

An air of awkwardness surrounds Klaus. "Yeah, yeah, I did. . ." Klaus winces. "Take credit for it. In fact, the real hero was Ben."

Klaus has everyone's attention now. I can tell from looking at their faces that there all thinking the same thing. Is he serious? Or just high?

Which I find ridiculous. Klaus's literal power is communing with the dead. Who's to say it doesn't stretch beyond that? We all used to think I could only see the future until I got stuck there and was practically forced to discover more about my powers.

Klaus observes every one of our reactions. The disbelief and skepticism were clearly plastered on their faces. He sighs. "Today. . . listen. Today, he punched me in the face. And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego's life, not me."

A silent pause as everyone lets Klaus's words sink in. Until Luther finally breaks the silence.

"You are unbelievable, Klaus." He accuses.

Klaus stands up, raising his arms. "You want proof, is that it?" He picks up a bowling ball. "Alright, I-" He stumbles a bit. "I'll give you proof." He walks back to where he was sitting and faces an empty spot next to his seat. "Alright, it's showtime, baby." Klaus throws the bowling ball at the empty spot. For half a second everyone freezes, holding bated breath wanting his proof to be real.

The bowling ball drops with a hard thump and slowly rolls away.

Disappointment washes over everyone.

"Is there," Luther starts, "any way to silence that voice in your head that screams out to be the center of attention?"

Now is not the time to be ridiculing Klaus. I turn to Luther an eyebrow raised. "Maybe you should ask yourself that, Mr. DaD sEnT mE tO tHe MoOn" I mock.

Luther and I glare at each other, but before we can say anything--.

"You know," Klaus begins, " I liked you a lot better before you got laid."

We stop glaring at each other to look at Klaus. I blink once, twice. As I slowly process his words, a grin spreads across my face. "You're kidding, right?"

Mr. Forever a Virgin got laid?! My eyes sweep over the rest of the Umbrella Academy. It looks like I'm not the only one shocked. There's an expression in particular that grabs my attention. Allison's eyes widen, she's not just shocked, she's hurt.

Klaus sees her reaction too. He immediately feels guilty and tries to take his words back.

"Which was a complete. . .It-It wasn't his fault." He tries. "Cause he was high, right? And-And the girl,--she thought he was a Furry."

At this point, I've been holding back my laughter for Allison's sake. Which is becoming really hard at Klaus's words. Allison's mood seems to worsen as he keeps talking, he's definitely making things worse.

"Stop," I say.

"Okay,"

Luther--who was completely frozen before, slowly glances at Allison. She meets his gaze and quickly turns away, standing up, and storming off.

"Allison!" Luther says. "Wait!" He gets up and runs after her.

With the two of them gone, Klaus randomly gets up and seats himself next to Diego, while I'm still sitting next to Five.