(7) Cha-Cha Slide and Hazelnut

Thanks to Klaus's quick thinking, Dr. Lance reluctantly agrees to show us the files. He brings us to a separate room full of papers. Lance opens a drawer in a table and starts going through the files. He finds the right file opens it and starts looking at the papers. He's shaking, clearly still scared of Klaus.

Klaus is sitting on top of the table, watching the doctor with a menacing smile on his face. Five is standing by the table, observing, and I like usual I am standing by reading my book. The doctor looks up at Klaus, scared. "Oh, that's strange." He comments.

"Yes!" I exclaim. The three men look at me. I look up from my book. "Oh, Alice just died," I explain.

Five rolls his eyes and looks back at Lance. "What?" Five asks.

"Uh, the eye hasn't been purchased by a client, yet," Lance tells us.

Well, that was a dead end. I close my book and watch. Klaus jumps down from the counter. "What? What do you mean?" Klaus asks.

Lace elaborates. "Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number..." Lance hesitates as Klaus walks around him, and gets into his personal space. "This can't be right." Lance shakes his head. "It hasn't even been manufactured yet." He looks at me and Five confused. "Where did you get that eye?" He asks us.

I look away not meeting his eye. Five sighs an annoyed look on his face.

~☂︎~

"Well, this is not good." Five comments as we walk out of the building.

"I was pretty good though, right? Yeah. What about my consent, bitch." Klaus laughs.

Five stops right at the steps. "Klaus it doesn't matter." Five says frustrated.

"What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus asks.

Five loses it and takes a step toward Klaus. I take a step in front of him and look at Klaus. "There's someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it." I explain.

Klaus pauses. "Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks now or what?" He asks.

I sigh and look away. Five turns around toward Klaus. "Your 20 bucks?" Five's patience is waning.

"Yeah, my 20 bucks."

Five gets closer to Klaus looking him straight in the eye. "The apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?"

Klaus smiles and puts his hands on his stomach. "Well, I'm also quite hungry." He makes a grumbling sound with his mouth. "Tummy's a rumblin."

Disbelief flashes across Five's face. "You're useless." He loses it and yells. "Your all useless!"

"Oh, get it together." I scoff.

"Oh, come one. You need to lighten up old man. " Klaus says as Five sits down on the steps. I sit down next to him and take out my book. Klaus realizes something. "Hey, you know I've just now realized why you're so uptight." Klaus points at Five. "You must be horny as hell!" Klaus sits down on the steps.

I stifle a laugh. Five glares at me, as Klaus continues. "All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head, being alone. Is that why you and Y/n are hanging out all of a sudden?"

Klaus, you have gone too far. Me and Five immediately move away from each other. "Hell no!"

"I wasn't alone." My head snaps in Five's direction. What?