(2) The Painting Over The Fireplace

I immediately recognize the song playing in the house. It was a childhood favorite of ours. Klaus, who's still lost in the music finally spots me. He drops the urn in shock, it doesn't break but the ashes spill to the floor.

He quickly gets over his shock, and smiles at me, his arms raised, wide. "My favorite sister!" He exclaims.

I smile at him. "My favorite drug addict."

He slightly nods his head as if agreeing with his new nickname. A thought seems to pop in his head, he squints at me. "So are you...?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, catching on to his thought process. "Do I look dead to you?"

"Well, you look exactly how you did when you disappeared. One can only assume." He picks up a broom and starts to methodically sweep up the ashes on the floor before putting them back in the urn. He's probably done this before.

I sigh. "Yeah, well-" A loud rumbling noise comes from the back yard, cutting me off. What is that? Me and Klaus's eyes meet, he looks as confused as I am too. Curiosity overwhelms me, and I rush to the courtyard.

A blue portal of energy hovers above the courtyard. The energy emulating from it feels like a strong wind.  

"What is that?" A woman shouts.

"Don't get too close!" A woman with curly hair warns. 

"Yeah, no shit!" A man who I think is Deigo yells in response.

"What the hell is that?" I ask. My family turns to me, momentarily forgetting about the blue hole in the sky.

"Y/n?" Deigo asks.

I face what I can only assume in my adoptive family. "Miss me?" 

The blue hole makes another loud noise, bringing our attention back to it.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly, either that or a miniature black hole!" A tall and bulky blond man analyzes the situation.

"There's a pretty big difference there, Paul Bunyan!" Deigo shouts. Judging by how Diego responded, I'm guessing the tall man is Luther. Some things never change.

"Everyone, get behind me!" Luther shouts.

Deigo looks at us. "Yeah, everyone behind us!"

Klaus comes running out with a fire extinguisher. He tests it and shouts. "Out of the way!" He runs past us and throws it into the portal. What the hell?

"What's that gonna do?" After looking at them more thoroughly, I realized that the curly-haired one was Allison. She shouted over the noise.

"I don't know; you have a better idea?" Klaus answers.

I look back at the portal. A blurry figure of an old man appears. Five. The portal distorted him as he went through it. Falling to the ground.

"Does anyone see little number Five, or is it just me?"

The portal did something to him. He looks just like he did when we first left. He sits up and looks at his hands in disbelief. "Shit."

He gets up and brushes himself off. His eyes scan our faces, finally landing on me. He raises an eyebrow. "So you're alive."

I roll my eyes. "Try not to sound so disappointed."

"Am I supposed to be happy?" Wow-what a great family reunion. 

 ~☂︎~

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asks while making a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. All of us were standing around the wooden table in the kitchen. Except for Klaus he was sitting on it.