(4) There's Only One Couch

We parked across the street from Vanya's apartment. How does Five know where Vanya lives? We get out of the car and walk over to the apartment complex. I don't think Vanya's home.

"Vanya's not home. How can we get in?" I wonder. Five looks at me like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I know you can spacial jump dumbass. I was talking about me!" I say. I know that Five can teleport us in, but the last time I spacial jumped with him... I don't wanna repeat that.

"Come on." Five begrudgingly grabs my hand, and spacial jumps us into her apartment. Thankfully we land in Vanya's apartment without any accidents.

I glare at Five; he ignores me and sits down on an armchair. I look around the apartment. The lights are off. I walk over to the windows and try to open them. They were unlocked.

"See? We didn't have to jump. The windows were open." I tell Five.

He glances at me. "Next time I'll let you climb two stories then." He scoffs.

I walk over to the couch and sit down. We sit in silence for a bit until the jangling of keys and the sound of the door opening fills the room. Vanya opens the door just as Five turns on the lamp by right him.

"Jesus!" Vanya was startled by our appearance.

"Flattered, but no," I say.

"You should have locked your windows." Five tells Vanya.

Vanya puts her keys down. "I live on the second floor."

"Rapists can climb." I counter.

Vanya looks at us. "When have you two ever agreed on something?"

Me and Five awkwardly shift in our seats. "We can agree on some things." Five answers.

"You two are so weird." Vanya closes the door, takes her coat off, and sits next to me.

She looks at us. Her gaze stops on Five. "Is that blood?" She asks.

I look at Fives collar. There's a bloodstain on it from the guys that attacked us.

"It's nothing." Five brushes her off.

Vanya pauses, deciding whether to believe him or not before asking us a question. "Why are you here?"

Five sighs. "I've decided you're the only one that I can trust." Five answers. Vanya glances at me. "She forced me to let her come."

I roll my eyes at his answer. "Don't be a dumbass." I look at Vanya. "He can't admit that he needs my help," I tell her.

"That's because I don't" Five protests.

Before I can say anything Vanya interrupts me. "Why me?" She asks.

"Because you're ordinary." Five answers. Wow, Five that's totally gonna get her to help.

Vanya looks down at Fives words. "Because you'll listen," I say. I glare at Five. Try not to insult her self-esteem, dumbass.

Vanya relaxes a bit. "Okay." She gets up and walks away.

I turn to Five. "Because you're ordinary?" I mock. "What was that?" I demand.

"What? I was telling the truth." Vanya comes back in, holding some medical supplies. I scoot over so Vanya can sit closer to Five. Five rolls up his sleeve and allows her to patch him up.

"When we jumped forward and got stuck in the future, do you know what I found?" I glance at Five. I can tell it pains him to tell Vanya this.

"No," Vanya says.