𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

~✧~

Planning and eternally long research were done. It was time for implementation.

Taraphina and Tom had only been home for a day before they moved on again. Tom rarely involved Tara in his plans and more or less always let her trust him blindly, but on this trip abroad he didn't know if her trust in him would be enough to follow him this time.

He had spent last night talking to her and Theodore, after Abraxas his most loyal man, to go over his plan again. They would break into, albeit an old, but still not unimportant archive of the Ministry of Magic. Tom hoped that not too many guards would secure the entrance, as for the most part only information about Ivikalis was kept there. Since he could never reach the climax of his plans and everything possible was done to conceal his very existence, Tom hoped that their break-in would be as quick and unproblematic as possible. But even so, the venture harboured great risks. Tom had searched for the plans for the archive for a long time, but had only found badly outdated records. He wanted to enter and leave the building as inconspicuously as possible. He wanted to avoid any duels or violence. He was aware that this could be difficult, as the plan was not as mature as he had wished.

Still reasonably confident, he now stood with Taraphina in an exclusive hotel in Moscow. He had gone back and forth a thousand times about whether to take Taraphina with him, but finally he felt it was the best option. If anything went wrong tonight, she would definitely be able to get him and herself out. She had become more powerful, he could see it in his own father. What was only a souvenir as a distinctive scratch on his chest was what made his own father a gift for death. He was sure she was ready. If anything went wrong tonight, she would reveal her potential to the world and he would proclaim his name today and finally be a worthy saviour of the wizarding race. He was sure he would revolutionise the world.

Mr. Zhuravlyov was the only one who was allowed to enter the archive at any time without a security test. He was the developer of the construct and so no one questioned his presence. It had been tedious, but Tom had managed to get a hair from his coat, as well as one from his wife.

He had carefully made two polyjuice potions and added to the formula so that they would stay in their shape for at least three hours.

The taste was bitter, but it was feasible to choke down the more or less liquid gruel. Taraphina looked at him reproachfully, even though she had more confidence in his plan than he did, she had not been a fan of the transformation idea. Nevertheless, she followed his lead and let the relative over to be sure. Her otherwise fine, pale skin became littered with wrinkles and her otherwise beautiful long hair was reduced by at least three quarters of its length and took on a blonde hue with a dark base. Tom's hair also disappeared, only a few thin blond shag stood on his head and just like hers, his skin was wrinkled.

They already had the right clothes on, now it was just a matter of getting into the car that was waiting for them and praying that everything would go as they had imagined.

~✧~

"Evening, gentlemen," Tom greeted the gentlemen at the entrance before passing through the iron door.

"Evening, Mr. Shuravlyov," the guards returned the gesture and gave Taraphina a friendly nod.

On his way, he just wanted to pass the door, he pushed Taraphina gently in front of him and was about to push the iron door open, but then one of the guards spoke, "Mr. Shuravlyov, it is a pleasure to see that you finally want to take your wife to work with you, but she is not allowed to enter the building without a security check. They haven't changed the guidelines since the last few years, even with her marriage."