𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

~✧~

Tom Marvolo Riddle, Professor Horace Slughorn and Taraphina Malfoy, in the guise of a black panther, arrived at Hogwarts before the first rays of the morning sun illuminated the castle. Taraphina had not even been rebellious since the locket was held in her sight; on the contrary she was calm and in control, she seemed changed.

"Before we enter the castle, I should tell you how to change her back my boy," Professor Slughorn explained, to which Tom just nodded in reply. Tom wanted to know how his professor could know so much about this kind of transformation, power and behaviour, because this was definitely no longer ordinary magic; Tom was sure that by now it was already deep dark magic.

"Judging by her uncontrolled behaviour, this was her first transformation, according to this, she will be very exhausted after transforming back. It is important that you give her plenty of time to rest then. With each further transformation, the pain will be less and the time to recover will be shorter. After about ten more transformations, she should no longer be affected by it," Slughorn said.

"What kind of magic is this, Professor?" asked Tom with a furrowed brow, "I had read about Animagi before, but honestly, I don't think it's normal Animagi anymore, Professor."

Slughorn sighed, "that's right my boy, this kind of magic is already deeply dark magic."

Tom nodded, his suspicions confirmed, " How come Taraphina had suddenly gone so quiet? It's because of the medallion that's for sure, but why is it that only this medallion can restrain her and no spell for example?"

"I'll tell you all about that later my boy, but for now it's important that you both rest," the professor explained.

"Okay professor," Tom relented unwillingly. Patient he was not, but still he knew he would have to wait a little longer to get answers to his questions.

"Back to the transformation. You must take the locket in one of your hands and hold it, along with the glass ball, against her forehead and say the words 'Parce, valedixit, et dimissis puero hoc' three times," the professor instructed Tom.

Tom nodded again and frowned, "Thank you for the information Professor, but how do you know all this?" asked Tom curiously, after all this was not a common subject about which one was taught much information or found many books on it.

Professor Slughorn forced his rough lips into a small smile and strode a little closer towards the castle, "Thanks to Mira, I know all that," he said, his voice shaky.

Tom wanted to inquire further. Who was this Mira? However, he decided to leave it at that answer, at least for now. He could hear the man's shaky voice, apparently he associated a terrible memory with this Mira, otherwise he wouldn't have such a trembling voice after all.

"Go on, get back to the castle," Professor Slughorn prompted, "It's time you both rest. The venom from her fangs isn't very strong yet, but even so, it will take a while for your wounds to heal, Tom."

'Venom,' Tom thought, 'Why didn't that surprise him?'

Tom had almost completely forgotten about his wounds, they hurt but still it was bearable for the dark lord.

"Have a good night Professor," Tom commented before disappearing into the darkness with the black cat and making his way to his room. Whether she liked it or not, she would sleep with him tonight. He wanted to keep an eye on her to see what else she was capable of....

~✧~

Tom finally entered his room with Taraphina in her black feline form. He had to be constantly careful that no professor scurried through the corridors and caught them. Moreover, Taraphina became distracted very quickly and curiously followed every sound she heard. He was exhausted and annoyed with her, but now he had finally made it and could look forward to a few hours of sleep. The wounds Taraphina had inflicted on him, hurt with time, but a little more than expected, apparently he had underestimated the effect of her venom.