𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔

~✧~

Again she woke up and again she was not in a pleasant state.

She quickly realised that although she had almost all her senses and could think about everything on her own, she noticed quickly enough that she could not move. She no longer felt her warming fur around her, but a silk blanket seemed to cover her naked, cool body. For a moment she tried to give herself hope, believing that Tom had found her and brought her back home. Now she would wake up and find herself in his silk bedclothes, watching him sitting at his desk doing all sorts of paperwork while she could rest and regain her strength.

She was almost able to convince her lips into a small smile, but then she heard voices. Strange voices, not clear enough to make out what they were saying, they were just a murmur in the background. She sighed.

Her eyelids were too heavy to open. Every limb of her body tingled unpleasantly. What was this, she asked herself. What did her father want from her? After the time he had shown her no interest, this couldn't be good, could it?

The voices became clearer, they sounded feminine. The young witch tried to concentrate solely on them.

"I hope the Master, knows what he's doing, that dosage seemed a bit much."

"I'd rather she did it this way than hurt us."

"That's true. I never thought I'd say something like that about our own, but she belongs burned or drowned."

"And there's the problem, according to Ivikalis, that's exactly what's not possible. She can't be killed, not by something so simple."

There were three voices Taraphina believed. Slowly she began to get more feeling back into her body. Slowly she began to gain control of her little finger, carefully she was able to touch the soft silk blanket with it. Then she finally began to be able to open her eyelids and from then on it went quite quickly before she had, although roughly motorised, at least somehow regained power over her body and its movements.

Slowly she straightened up with the help of her left arm while she continued to hold the blanket over her chest with her right. She did not allow herself the luxury of looking around the room. She knew that the women quite hopefully detested her, which she reciprocated accordingly. She glared at them and eyed the three blonde women with blue eyes. All similarly built and adorned in white dresses.

The young witch considered saying something, but didn't want to come across as quaint and insecure to her counterparts; merely being covered by the silk layers was condescending enough, after all.

There was a moment of silence before the middle girl sighed, "There is a bath in the next room, wash up and then come back. We will then prepare you for dinner with your father."

Without any verbal response, Taraphina did as she was asked. It was a rare moment when she obeyed strangers, but for now it seemed her best chance of escape. Carefully, with the layers of the bed still wrapped tightly around her, the little witch let herself slide off the edge of the bed. Her body was wracked with a strong tingling sensation with every step she took. Her muscles were stiffening and not convinced of cooperating with her brain. Step by step and with her head held high, she nevertheless did not try to bring out the effects of whatever had been administered to her.

Finally arriving in the bathroom, she closed the door again behind her. It was impossible to lock, but at least it gave her a bit of privacy. She quickly set about rummaging through the drawers. She hoped to find something like a pair of scissors or even just a sharp hairpin.

"You needn't get your hopes up, the only thing you'll find are towels."

She rolled her eyes as she hated them so much.