Part 44 - Landfall

Start from the beginning

"I think that's a fine day's work" Carm said.

"How fast did we get?" Lon said in a slightly exited tone.

"About six and eight tenths seconds" Carm said.

That was SCARY fast.

Only goes to show what they could do when they were working.

They then proceeded to go back to the garage, this time having no run ins with any de-tracked tanks.

————————————

They drove into the garage, where the maintenance teams were hard at work maintaining the fleet of armor.

However, it was the time that the schoolship would dock at Hokkaido, where the battle would take place.

That meant, an early look around, and perhaps a chance to see the battlefield before the fight.

In order to make a 20-tank platoon stand up to a 60-tank one, a recon of the battlefield would be an optimal investment of the precious few hours he has left to prepare.

———————————

Carm sat on a bench overlooking the ocean off to the side of the schoolship, and all of the smaller vessels in the water near it.

They must be getting close.

Tiny planes were in the air as well,

Seeing all of this stuff being so small is weird,

Even a full-size cruise ship looks like an ANT in comparison to this inflated Shōkaku class ship.

Some ships in sci-fi, like the UNSC Infinity from Halo, was actually SMALLER THAN THIS SHIP.

(The Ōarai schoolship is enormous)

When you play the games, it feels like that spaceship is gargantuan, but the ship you go to school on is actually BIGGER.

Kind of crazy to have that feeling, especially when you live in the place that makes wildly huge things in sci-fi actually feel attainable.

A real aircraft carrier would be a tiny speck of dust in comparison to this,

So, why not turn a schoolship into a mega-sized aircraft carrier or battleship, choked to the brim with missiles and guns?