Part 57 All Together Now?

The match had begun

The match had begun.

Carm had hoped to immediately move out and catch the foe by surprise and impair decision-making capabilities by constantly delivering smaller attacks to paralyze the enemy chain of command.

But since the newfound reinforcements virtually doubled the amount of tanks he had, he needed to rethink his strategy.

Which was hard to do when the command tent is flooded with talking teenagers.

The adults were too busy changing their outfits.

The adult tank commanders did NOT speak a hint of Japanese, so that meant a language barrier that half of the tankers under his command wouldn't be able to break.

Sure they brought some amazing vehicles, but without proper command and communications, they were about as useful as a multi-ton overpriced paperweight.

Carm placed his hand under his chin.

The foreign students, however, could speak Japanese.

"Okay" Carm said, finally speaking up.

The tent went quiet.

"I need Karl, Nikolai, and William to step up to the front." Carm said.

The three teenagers got up and stood next to the portable dry-erase markerboard that was laying out the chain of command.

Carm drew on the board,

Carm would be in charge of Ōarai 1st tank platoon, consisting of American built models.

Since Karl could understand both Japanese and German (As well as a good bit of English) he would lead the Ōarai 2nd armored platoon which had mainly German built vehicles.

Nikolai, for similar reasons would command the 3rd platoon with Soviet tanks.

And William, the fourth with British & Commonwealth forces.

The fifth platoon was lead by Miho Nishizumi, and would act as reserve, with the less-capable Ōarai tanks. (Mainly because Carm can't really find much use for them fighting against a well-trained enemy.)

——————————

First platoon (Fightin' Yanks) consisted of:

*T29E3 Heavy Tank. (Team) Commander Carm.

*T32 Heavy Tank. Master Sargent David Uteger.

*T26E5 Pershing Heavy Tank. Sargent Avery Bradshaw.

* M4A1 76mm (W) Medium Tank. Kay.

*M4A3E2 76mm (W) Medium Tank. Sargent Donald Grafton.