Hail To The King. Part 2

The whole crowd was practically holding their breath,

The three tanks onscreen battled each other in what was probably the most intense battle in the whole of Sensha-do,

Yukari had since found a seat next to the rest of her tank crew, overseeing the battle,

She could hardly eat the bag of tank-shaped sugar cookies she managed to get from one of the many fair-style food stands near the seating area.

Virtually everyone was either huddled around a TV or one of the railcar-mounted screens.

Some of the other tank crews, both boy and girl were able to be found in the stands, wearing casual clothes instead of the sweat-soaked uniforms they were wearing earlier.

But still, the stands were jam-packed to the point of absurdity,

And despite this, they were silent so much to the point you could hear birds chirping in the background.

——————————

"FORWARD!" Carm shouted.

The T29's engine roared as it closed the distance between the two tanks.

Alice had her head out of her commander's hatch.

Her expression deformed into one of peaked horror.

The T29 hit the smallest little bump, and a crunching sound was heard,

"It must've been that toy in way." Carm thought silently to himself.

And the Alice's expression seemed to go into an almost lifeless state, her large pupils shrinking to a small portion of their size as the T29 drew closer.

Was she scared of the tank?

She hadn't been scared of it so far, so why now?

Was it because he crushed that ride-on toy?

It's just a toy though, it's not a big deal.

Carm shook his head slightly, he was wasting precious seconds thinking about absolutely nothing important.

The chugging of the running gear grew faster as the RPMs rose.

Alice was in a staggered state, not speaking nor issuing orders.

An easy kill opportunity,

"Load the gun, she's right in front!" Carm shouted.

The loaders were already practically spraining their arms by trying to load the gun as fast as they were.

Snatching the shells and propellants and slamming them into the breech at breakneck speed, whilst also trying not to trip over in the violent maneuvering.

Another engine noise joined his Ford engine.

Carm looked over his shoulder,

Hiroku's T34 was barreling towards him at high speed.

Their gun took around ten to eleven seconds to load when stationary,

It had been around seven seconds since it fired,

It could not be ready to shoot yet,

She was trying to buy time.

"REVERSE!!" Carm shouted.