Part 54 Nothingness I

(This chapter is taken from Hiroku's perspective, FYI)

On the All-Stars side of the battlefield,

The sixty-tank strong force prepared for the upcoming game.

Hiroku was slightly enthusiastic about it,

She'd been a righteous Sensha-dō practitioner for a full decade of her nineteen year life.

Her mother taught her how to use a tank, and the feminine grace required to become one with it.

She'd been at Kuromorimine and it's smaller subsidiary schools that were officially sponsored by it for all of her school years.

Her family was one centered around Sensha-dō as its primary profession.

Not as nearly as large as the house of Shimada or Nishizumi but still strong nevertheless.

The way of the tank was pretty rough at times,

however, she became more and more entranced by the sport the more she did it, like a spiritual calling telling her to keep practicing it.

This sensation was probably why this sport was one of Japanese origin.

The cultural values behind it were immense.

Re-iterating the values of feminine grace and cuteness required to proceed down the maiden's path of the tank.

Her mother engrained that into her mind, pushing her ever further down the path, like it was her destiny she was ultimately meant to achieve.

She could recite the whole introduction to Sensha-dō film from heart.

Cute like clattering of tracks,

Hot and tough like steel,

And passionate like a cannon.

However, there was one factor she did not take into consideration.

Boys.

Naturally, Japanese boys stayed within their limits and didn't venture near the sport, like they should.

But these foreigners....

They think they could just mess with Japanese culture and get away with it on Japan's own soil.

The barbarity in the way they thought about tanks was completely appalling,

As mere weapons. A mere tool. A cog in a senseless machine.

Despicable,

The mere thought of that made Hiroku's face twist in disgust.

And what was worse is that they were actually gaining popularity, not just in their own country, but in Japan as well.

Male viewership of the sport increased by a full three-hundred percent,

The faces of those boys onscreen were enough to attract men to the sport, ruining it's appeal.

Even though they were using TANKS, in a sport considered feminine to a religious degree.

Hiroku sighed heavily.

She was sitting inside of her T34 heavy tank, which was painted pink, and lined with all manners of pillows, and posters of singers and pop-stars, as well as some small places to charge your phone, and an air freshener.