10. Leaving Camp

June 23rd, 2022
10:12 AM

Hades Cabin, Long Island, New York

   Nico was gripping his hands in his hair as the radio listed the other tragedies of the world. Greece has a volcano erupting, California is infested with tornadoes, Earthquakes throughout Canada, and a colossal Hurricane is forming in the Pacific, heading right to the East Side of North America.

   "Guys... can't we do anything?" Nico asked, loud enough to startle his friends. "I mean, we are Demi-gods, for fuck's sake... Percy, can't you get your father to break up the hurricane? Could we use the Hercules wind thingy to reverse it? we could-"

   "Nico di Angelo... that is the stupidest-" Clarisse stood up to start a fight, but Chiron interrupted her.

   "The most genius thing I have ever heard," Chiron said, and everyone snapped their looks at him.

   "It is? Which one?" Nico asked, confused.

   "Well... The thermos of winds would be way too small to reverse the Hurricane... we could make something bigger than a thermos to harvest the wind... or at least weaken the Hurricane. We most likely couldn't stop it, but we could weaken it, so it does less damage."

   "Okay... all right, let's get that going, and we can go to the Pacific, too, " Nico said excited that he finally spouted something out that might help. Then Chiron put a finger over his mouth.

   "Leo, you and the Hephaestus Cabin make a couple of capsules... Jason would be the best person for the job," He announced, "Percy, you could help him go out with a couple of hippocampi."

   "Okay, amazing, great... now what do I do?" Nico bounced.

   "You can go back to your cabin and rest your pretty little head," Chiron patted him on the head.

   "Hey! No fair, I came up with the idea,"

   "Nico, there isn't any negotiation. You need to stay safe and carry the new god," Chiron said, then frozen when he heard a portal opening up a couple of feet from him. He turned around to look into Nico's angry eyes. "Fine... you can go with them, but you are to do nothing that could get you hurt,"

   "That's what I thought," Nico smirked, closing the portal.

   "Fucking sociopathic freak," Clarisse muttered under her breath.

-------
10:10 PM

Hephestus' Workshop, Long Island, New York

-
   Leo was in his workshop alone. He and the Hephaestus cabin had been working non-stop. Nico was so smart... this definitely wouldn't help end the world's end, but it would deter in long enough for them to think of something else. He had rested his head only for 2 seconds... but in real-time, it was 3 hours. He was so exhausted.

   "Hey... Leo," He heard a soft voice whispering. He felt soft, slender hands rubbing circles into his chest. "Come to bed... okay?" Nico asked, and Leo sat up.