3. A 'Surprise' Visit

Photo Made with Bing AI

June 10th, 2022
10:41 AM

Hades Cabin, Long Island, New York

   Nico pulled his hair tie off the bedpost and tied his hair up as he was now angrily glaring at Leo. The offspring of Hephaestus knew when not to make eye contact. The last time he had pissed Nico off, he was portaled to the River Styx for 5 minutes. "So, um... did you guys decide to go on a break on the way here? Is that why it was interesting?" He asked.

   "Hmm?" Percy was distracted by his aura, then snapped back when Nico raised an eyebrow. "Oh, um... no, it's been a year. Ares is just still wanting my head on a platter," he explained.

   "Oh wow... do you want me to throw him in Tartarus until he forgets about it?" Nico asked, making Percy laugh. Then, when he saw the seriousness in his eyes, he stopped laughing.

   "You would do that?"

   "Of course... Ares is a big dick," Nico muttered, "Clarisse is back to and is more of an Ares than usual," He muttered, and Nico flushed when he caught Percy and Leo staring at him. "What?"

   "You look amazing...." Percy said.

   "Eh... I don't feel like myself...." Nico sighed, "I look like a dumbass Aphrodite bimbo...." He sighed.

   "Maybe you just look healthy because you are eating more than leftover chicken bones," Leo quipped, and Nico muttered.

   "Yeah... I need to quit it before I can't fit in my pants anymore,"

   "No!" Percy and Leo said in unison. Nico looked at them like they were out of their minds.

   "You just look... so beautiful," Percy said, and Nico's entire face flushed red. He hid behind his comic book pretending to read. Leo heard the bell outside, signaling everyone to come to the Mess Hall.

   "Where are you going?" Nico asked when Leo got up off the floor, sitting his trinket under Nico's bed.

   "To the meeting, you are too, right? It's mandatory for campers," Leo asked.

   "I spoke to Chiron, and he said I could sit it out," Nico said. He didn't want to be the center of attention. Besides, he and his friends already knew what it was about. Percy shuffled to the side of the bed to go with Leo, but Nico grabbed his wrist, "Don't leave...." Nico asked. Percy gaped and looked into Nico's black eyes and Leo smiled at the two.

   "I will tell Chiron to start without you two... it would be best if you told him, though," Leo said, and Nico stopped himself from growling. He knew that Leo was right. Nico and Percy nodded at Leo. Percy still got off the bed to get a little distance from Nico's Aura. Where Leo was working was just out of bounds, so he leaned against the wall.

   "So, um... could you tell me? I have been worried since I got the message," Percy asked.