CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

A/N: Hey guys, a happy new year to you all. Really sorry 😓🙏for the late update……again🙄🙄, please forgive me.

I tried making this chapter long to make up for what I missed yesterday and the day before that too. I really hope you guys enjoy reading it.

If you haven’t followed me or voted for my story, please, do make sure to do so before reading further. Thanks a lot and love y’all❤️❤️❤️.

Chelsea🤍💗🤍.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Maddie sat in her room, anger and jealousy passed through her as she imagined what both Nick and Samantha would be doing at the moment. Her half-sister had been all over Nick since they’d met at the conference and Nick was doing a really good job at pissing her with the way he succumbed to all of Samantha’s wishes.

She’d left them in the kitchen so she wouldn’t have to face the torture of seeing them together. Her stomach gave a loud rumble and she groaned; she’d tried eating a sandwich when they got back, but it had come back all out, even the crackers she’d tried to chow down couldn’t find a place to stay in her stomach either. Food was the last thing on her mind, but she couldn’t starve her baby all because of Nick and Samantha.

Resolving to go down to the kitchen, she stood up and sat down almost immediately as a wave of nausea washed through her. Her head began to spin and she rested her head against the headboard, closing her eyes. A small pain zipped through her lower abdomen…it was barely noticeable but enough to make Maddie panic.

“Hey there baby. Are you alright?”. She said in almost a whisper as she caressed her belly gently, her heart beating so loud, it was almost enough to drown out her own voice.

Silently she prayed this was not the beginning of doom for her and most especially her baby. She remained on the bed with her eyes closed until she was sure she could stand up without falling back down and then made her way out the room and to the kitchen.

No one was in the kitchen when she got there and she tried as much as possible to not think about where they might probably be…..maybe cuddling in his king sized bed. She shook her head as she tried to focus on the reason why she was in the kitchen.

She walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of milk with a jar of nutella chocolate spread which she spread generously on a slice of bread. Sitting down on a stool by the island, she took a sip of her milk and almost choked when Samantha walked in with a mischievous smile on her face and an exaggerated sway to her hips.

“Hey”. She said airily as she walked to the fridge to grab a pack of orange juice and a glass before walking over to sit across her at the island.

“Um….hey.” Maddie said slowly, avoiding eye contact with the slow and calculating hyena of a being sitting directly across her with a mischievous smile. “Are you about leaving?”.

“Why? Are you chasing me?”. Samantha asked looking out at her through heavy lidded eyes. “Or are you jealous you don’t get to be close to Nick as much as I am?”.

Without thinking, Maddie let out a scoff. “As if”.

Samantha’s smile widened as she flipped her straight dark hair in one elegant flip. “Of course you should be jealous. You know why? Because Nick has and will only have eyes for me”.

“You know what, I’m not doing this with you”. Maddie said as she stood up and carried her plate over to the sink.

Samantha wasn’t about to give up easily, so she followed Maddie to the sink with her arms folded across her chest. “Why? Is it because you are starting to understand that Nick was never yours to begin with”.