CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

A/N: Hey guys, here's another chapter like I said I would post. My schedule was really tight yesterday, so i could not post the two chapters I'd actually planned on posting.

I really hope you enjoy this chapter. Please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW me, it'll really go a long way.

Love y'all 🤍🤍💗💖💖💖💝

Chelsea :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick was on his way down to the last floor when he saw Nathan holding a really pale Maddie who was leaned against the elevator wall with her eyes closed. Panic raced through him as he rushed to her side, sending his twin a questioning glance.

" Maddie, are you okay?".

Her eyes flew open and the vulnerability he saw in them gave him this strong urge to pull her into his arms and never let her go. As her eyes met his, it wavered a bit and she began to slide down the elevator wall, but he was quick enough to catch her before she hit the ground.

" Hey, Maddie". Her eyes wavered again as she tried to focus on his face. " Hey. Stay with me".

" You're yelling". She said slowly, squeezing her face. " And it's annoying".

A wave of relieve washed through him as her eyes finally settled on his; she'd just spoken to him informally again, but he didn't give a damn. " At least you have your tongue back". He helped her balance back on her feet, although regretting the fact that he had to let her go.

" Are you feeling alright now?". Nathan who had watched on with worry asked.

She rested against the elevator wall again, embarrassed that they both had to see her that way. " Yeah, I'm alright. I get dizzy like that often".

Nick placed his hands on his hips, evident worry on his face. " Have you seen a doctor?".

She cringed at that; of course she'd seen a doctor and the result was definitely something he wouldn't want to hear. " Yes I have". Giving the brothers a reassuring smile that was obviously forced, she said softly. " I'm just stressed, that's all. You both don't have to worry. Thanks a lot for helping me though".

Before any of them could say another word, she pushed herself past them and out into the hallway before her fellow collegues saw them and then start to spread silly rumors around....which wasn't what she needed or wanted. Besides, she didn't want Nick to worry over her, neither did she want him to notice how weak and light-headed she still felt, it only made guilt gnaw at her heart for not telling him about the baby they'd both created.

Nick was about following her when his brother pulled him back to stop him.

" Nick, we need to talk".

Nathan's voice sounded so serious that he had to pull his eyes off a slow moving Maddie and back to his brother, only then did he remember why they were actually having this conversation. " Did you or did you not know about dad and Isabella?".

Confusion flickered across Nathan's face at his twin's change of tone. " Of course I don't. I was as surprised as you were when you yelled it at me over the phone".

" I can't believe this". He suddenly hit the elevator wall with his fist, making Nathan jump a bit. " Damn it".

" How about we go to your office to discuss this, we've been standing here for far too long". Nathan suggested and without waiting for an affirmation or a response, he tugged his twin all the way to his office. When they were safely behind the closed doors, he turned to face Nick. " Can you explain it all over again?".