Chapter 5*

Edited 22nd Jan 2016

Levi just stood there and stared at me.  The girl who had kissed him just stood in the background, before smirking at us before leaving. I looked back at Levi, his eyes roaming my whole face as if he was trying to figure out what to say.

"SAY SOMETHING!" I screamed at him. I wanted to cry, to scream at him and let the 17 years of neglect and abuse posses my body and take it out on him, but I couldn't. I was about to walk away when his arm encircled my waist and pulled me close. He hesitated and looked at me for a few seconds before smashing his lips against mine. I threw my arms over his neck and he pulled me closer to him.

"Look, okay, she means nothing to me. Her name is Demi Tyler. She's known as one of he pack sluts. I would never even consider being in a relationship with her, especially now that I have you. We are literally perfect for each other." He kissed me on the forehead as a tear escaped my eye.

"Um, excuse me, Alpha Levi." A voice spoke making us part but Levi's arm never left my waist.

"What?" The girl was around 5 and a half feet tall with blonde hair that reached to her shoulders. The girl cowered back a little at the sound to Levi's voice but still stood up straight to deliver the news to him.

"There are rouges nearby, a lot of them. Some of the pack members are getting distressed. They are staying a considerable distance away from the border but they're already shifted.." Levi stiffened up, just like he did the day we met.

"Take her to the safe room and don't leave her side until I return." His voice was demanding but his eyes were filled with worry. It was my 17th birthday all over again.

"Be careful, OK?" I told him before he kissed me on the cheek and hugged me tight.

"Don't worry. Maybe I'll just end up in a coma." He joked but neither of us laughed.

"Come, I'll show you to the safe room." The girl said after Levi had left. We walked in silence and my head was filled with thoughts.

What would happen if he did go into a coma? The whole pack would surely be thrown into chaos. I know I'm the Alpha's mate but I have no idea how to be a Luna.

"I guess we never got to introduce ourselves. I'm Erie. I'm the Beta Female of the pack." Now that we were closer I caught sight of her bright blue eyes and her pinkish lips. She wore her hair down but with her fringe clipped to the side. Anyone could easily mistake us for sisters.

"My name is Celestica, but you can call me Celeste. I'm the Alpha's mate." She stopped and stared at me wide-eyed.

"You're Alpha Levi's mate? The one who's been in a coma for a month?" I nodded slowly and we kept on walking down the hallway. When we came to the last door, Erie hesitated before opening it. it was a plain-looking bedroom except, it didn't have any windows. She walked towards the closet and opened the door. It was filled with random clothes and for a minute I thought she was going to make us hide inside it until she lifted up the  white carpet to reveal a wooden hatch that was perfectly hidden so that nobody would find it.

Once I was inside, she closed the bedroom door and followed me down after also closing the cupboard door and the hatch behind her. When we reached the bottom, there was an iron door which I assumed was another safety precaution. I let Erie pass me as she fiddled with a secret keypad built into the wall, typing in the password. The door was just, well... a door. It was plain grey and had no windows. Yet another safety precaution. When Erie had finally stopped playing with the keypad and open the door, we both walked in side by side and she turned and shut the door behind her.

The safe room was no safe room. It had bedrooms, a kitchen, a huge living area with a massive TV and multiple gaming consoles, five bathrooms and two, yes two, cupboards filled with DVD's. It was like a whole other pack house, under the pack house. I guess I did need a movie and some popcorn to distract me from the pack fighting alongside the Alpha, my mate, for their lives and him for mine. I walked into the kitchen to see Erie already cooking. I only just realised just how hungry I am.

"So, what's his name?" I asked Erie, obviously talking about her mate.

"Cameron. His name is Cameron." She seemed distant, but of course she was either mind-linking someone or just thinking about Cameron.

"Why don't you mind-link Alpha Levi? I'm sure he'd love to talk to you about how it's going. Cameron says that He's already taken out like fifty rouges. He wants to protect you alright." She told me but I remembered the most important thing.

"I..um...can't mind-link..." I told her. I may have a wolf now but she's still extremely weak and needs time to adjust before I attempt anything like that. Erie just looked at me with a confused look on her face so I decided to explain. I took a deep breath and told her what she needed to know.

"I am the runt of my pack. I tried to get stronger but the others wouldn't let me train. I was even abused by my parents...." She gasped.

"But they..... they didn't...... did they?" she stuttered but I knew exactly  what she was trying to say.

"No, they didn't rape me but I did have the smallest suspicion they were going to get someone to." She sighed in relief but still stayed on edge.

"The only thing in the pack house I was allowed to use was the old music room that no-one used. I bet you half of the pack didn't even know it was there. I taught myself to play a few instruments and I started to sing a little but I was only allowed out of my room for about 4 hours a day. I never really went outside. All of the other kids would bully me. I didn't really understand what a runt was back then and I doubt many of the others knew either. I guess they were just told to make fun of me." I didn't realize I was crying until Erie handed me a tissue.

We didn't get to finish our conversation before the door of the room slammed open and Erie stiffened before sniffing the air and running out of the door. I followed behind just in time to see her tackle someone to the ground and smother him in kisses. Cameron. Of course.

"Cameron?" They both looked at me. He didn't get time to answer before he came stumbling through the door, shirtless, covered in wounds that were slowly starting to heal, and SHIRTLESS! My wolf was going crazy but I didn't care. I ran up to him, leaping over where Erie was still on the floor where she was still attacking Cameron with kisses and jumping at him, making him loose balance and fall to the ground next to Cameron and Erie. Cameron started laughing hysterically and me, Erie and Levi stopped and looked at him. After his laughter died down, he finally spoke and gave us and explanation to his sudden out burst.

"Wow dude, I've never seen a girl tackle Levi to the ground before. You sure know how to pick 'em don't you?" Me and Levi both growled at him and his amusement quickly turned to fear. We must have looked like the perfect Psychos right now.  Once Cameron had got the message, we stopped growling and turned to each other, me straddling him and pinning him. He was either letting me pin him down or I had supernatural strength but since I tackled Levi to the ground, I'm going to go with the second one.

"You're pretty strong for a runt, sweetheart, but I have to tell you, you're more pretty than strong." And with that he rolled over and pinned me to the ground instead before smashing his lips against mine to make my body go numb making it even harder for me to move. Not that I wanted to. When he released me I looked over to see a very confused Cameron.

"Really buddy, you haven't caught on yet?" Levi exclaimed. Erie leant over and whispered something in his ear, making him aware of the situation and then he finally spoke.

"OMG!"

-------------

Cameron and Erie were based on my friends when I wrote this. Erie or Ele or Eleanor whatever you want to call her isn't my friend anymore but Cameron still is.

Cupquakey 💕