Chapter 28 - Hermione Granger x Draco Malfoy

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy!
—————————————————————

Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and most other event attendees felt awkward during the New Year's Gala hosted by the Malfoy family.

In a desperate attempt to reclaim some of their lost popularity, Lucius and Narcissa had kindly thrown the grand party in the center of Diagon Alley one year and seven months after the Battle of Hogwarts.

Halfway through his auror training, the only reason that Harry had accepted their invitation had been due to the generous charities started by the Malfoy family to help war victims.

Harry had established several such charities himself, but his agreement to go to the Malfoys' gala meant that Ron, Hermione, the Weasleys, and several others who had stood with him on the forefront of the war were also present that night.

Conversations were forced and smiles were farces while Harry and those who had fought at his side mingled with Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco.

In fact, no one would have come if Harry hadn't shown up for the event in an act of goodwill.

No one perhaps, except for Hermione.

"Come on, Granger." Draco whispered against her lips while they hid in a secluded alleyway, "When can we start telling people about us?"

"Shut up, Draco!" Hermione sighed in frustration as she renewed their kiss.

Her short, blue dress revealed most of her back, a trap which to her pleasure, Draco had fallen for as he massaged her bare skin with his elegant hands.

He smelled addictively hypnotic as she breathed in his fine cologne while her fingers held his face.

His lips were soft and his tongue was gentle.

Hermione wanted more of him.

After nearly seven years spent hiding their secret love from the world, Hermione was as desperate as Draco to expose the truth of their passion and take him as her alpha, but......Hermione realized that was still impossible.

Tears glistened in her amber eyes as she pulled away from her lover with one last, nipping kiss while she gazed at him and frowned, "Not yet, Draco.....Not yet."

"I'm ready to be your mate." Draco glowered as he stepped towards Hermione and moved his hands to grasp her hips. He squeezed tightly while he stared into her eyes with cold determination in his grey gaze, "I want to have you as my wife......and watch you nest with our pups."

"Draco....." Hermione breathed as a surge of arousal erupted between her legs.

"Granger....." Draco purred in a low chuckle as he leaned down and spoke so his lips brushed hers, "You will be my omega, even if I have to steal you away and chain you to my bed. Do you understand? You belong to me."

Hermione barely suppressed the groan that bubbled from her throat as she pulled Draco close and pressed another heated kiss to his lips.

Although she had been focused on her career and worked hard at her Ministry job, the thought of marrying, mating, and raising a family with Draco made her heart flutter.

For a single second, Hermione allowed herself to delight in the delicious fantasy he had offered.

Her cheeks blushed while they kissed as she shamefully imagined how pleasant it would be if Draco did end up chaining her to his bed........