Butter and Love - Snily Family Traditions

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Harry Potter!
—————————————————————

Seventh year Hogwarts student Severus Snape wouldn't have necessarily described himself as nervous.

No, perhaps pleasantly anxious would have been a more accurate phrase.

Whether or not those two expressions carried a difference, his heart raced as he stood on the platform next to Lily Evans and waited with her to board the Hogwarts Express.

"Don't be nervous, Sev." Lily smiled over at him reassuringly as she reached a gloved hand out and gripped his fingers.

There was that word again, nervous.

The December day was so cold that her breath was visible as she spoke.

"I'm not nervous." Severus confidently replied as he returned Lily's squeeze and nodded at her.

"Good." She grinned, "Tuney will be off with her boyfriend......You know my parents already like you, there's nothing to worry about! We'll have a wonderful time!"

As Severus gazed at her bright smile, he tried to let go of his qualms and return her happy expression.

He managed something between a grin and a smirk as the Hogwarts Express finally pulled up to the platform and opened its doors.

"Alright, Sev, let's go!" Lily exclaimed.

They walked hand in hand, with their trunks rolling behind them, as they made it up to the front door and boarded the train.

Severus and Lily found a private car to share, in which they sat and chatted while the Hogwarts Express pulled away several moments later.

Sometime during the journey, Lily tired and made herself comfortable as she fell asleep on Severus's shoulder.

He sat with the car door open and an arm around Lily as he held her securely against him.

James Potter passed by at one point.

The jealous scowl that he flashed the couple made Severus smirk.

It calmed him down to see his enemy's defeat.

Severus and Lily had started dating the previous summer.

While graduation remained a mere six months away, Severus felt honored that Lily and her family had invited him to spend the holidays at their home.

Lily had dreamed about sharing such a long, uninterrupted amount of time with her boyfriend.

Although that notion excited Severus as well, there was something else that he looked forward to accomplishing during his days with Lily's family.........

————————————————————

Mr. and Mrs. Evans were remarkably kind, much like their daughter.

Severus had been a guest at their house many times over, during his years as Lily's best friend before they had decided to share their hearts romantically with each other.

Mr. Evans fondly shook Severus's hand upon his and Lily's arrival.

Mrs. Evans embraced Severus like a son and mentioned to him how very glad she was that he had come.

The Evans' house was warm, inviting, and pleasantly fragranced.

As Severus sat with Lily and her loved ones during that first night of Hogwarts' winter recess, he felt genuinely grateful while he admired the glistening ornaments on the Christmas tree.