Chapter 15 - Who Am I?

I was confused.

Something wasn't right. Something just wasn't right.

Although I had no idea how I could go to Angie Town and the room of the angels, somehow without thinking my body started moving towards a certain direction, as if it knew everything. I followed along, not knowing what else to do.

It was still very strange to me as to how I actually got there, but I was too eager to know about my past than to think about that. The question was, however, would I really find that diary? Or it will be a waste of time and nerves entering the angels' territory?

Even now, before resolving the mystery, I felt unbelievably lost. Who was I?

I felt as if there was a great change that had scarred me for life. Something like... There was no turning back to your past self, no matter how hard you tried.

There was a huge blank space in my memory, as if I was reborn but alive in the past body at the same time. Was it possible to have your soul reborn but to still live in the remains of your first body?

Whatever the truth, I didn't feel like a fresh lemon – just what one would expect after getting reborn. Rather, I felt like an empty glass of water. Although it was a glass of water, there was no water anywhere in it – there was just the glass. Like a very important, key part of something lacks.

While I was noting the way I felt about myself, I reached the room of my memory. It looked exactly like it looked like in my memory, as if last time I went there was yesterday:

 It looked exactly like it looked like in my memory, as if last time I went there was yesterday:

Good thing was that there was no one else there. But I didn't have too much time – they could appear any second in the room, and then... I don't know what would happen to me. Maybe they will report me to the Spheres? Not that I care but it'll be still unpleasant. At least, I would have to explain to my Sulfus what the hell I was doing at the angels' quarters... And I'm not quite sure that I would like to be in that situation. I don't want to worry him, let alone disappoint him. I was a devil and I really couldn't stand angels. I was there on a mission, that was all – to return my diaries that had been confiscated some time ago.

Strangely enough, but for my convenience, my eyes instantly landed on the purple bed on the very left. There was a small library on its back, looked like the angel sleeping there had a great passion for books. Maybe that was why she confiscated the diary of a devil, right? Because the forbidden books were the juiciest of all, huh?

Anyway. I wanted my diary back before any one of them saw me there, let alone the thief of it. This wasn't going to be a theft. I was just going to take back what was mine in the first place. And even if it was a theft, who cared? I was a devil and I could do anything that pleased me, even sins, especially sins. So what. Everything was just how it should be.

My hand mechanically, before I could even think about it, tucked itself below the sheets. It reached the space under the pillow... And dragged out a purplish notebook.