Chapter 12 - I Chose to Keep Believing

Believing in love is a matter of choice.

I made my choice long ago, and I'm planning to stick to it for the rest of eternity.

I chose to believe in love. Despite everyone. Despite everything. Despite truth itself.

I think that love is something that humans do not understand, but neither do angels. Love is something that only devils are truly familiar with. Because angels do only good deeds and have prohibitions for everything: do that because it is right, but don't do that because it is wrong. They divide life into good and bad, right and wrong, and try to hide their real faces behind the mask of morality while all their morality turns out to be only logic and reason.

But in love, not everything is logic and reason. Actually, most of it lacks them totally.

Sometimes you act viciously towards the one you love just because you do not trust them enough to do the opposite. Or you do not act viciously, you are just cold to them. Not because you do not love them. On the very contrary. Just because you love them.

And that's why devils are such experts in love. Because sometimes love blooms in the most unexpected circumstances – when two lovers fight with each other. Not literally, because I really hate violence. But having a fight for something... Not agreeing with each other.

Look at us with Sulfie. Although I cannot remember much of it, I can recall that we were once fighting severely with each other just before our first kiss. Was it because of work? No, I think there was something more to it, we were being manipulated by a creepy witch so she wanted us to date but we didn't want to... Or... Was it like that? I don't remember the details but what I can surely recall is that at one moment we were fighting (and in our case there was violence because we, well, because we are devils, but... Of course we are not perfect, but violence is not recommended, kids who read this, so do not take us with Sulfus as role models, okay?), and at the next one we were kissing, having realized that we couldn't live without each other. How was that?

Well, it all comes to what I told you in the beginning. Love is unreasonable. Love is...

Difficult.

Whoever tells you that love comes naturally, like a butterfly that is meant to come to you, and everything is beautiful and you get it just because you deserve it, without working your soul for it... or selling your soul even... Whoever tells you so, they will be wrong.

Yes, love does come to you but not like a glorious butterfly, but like a random mole, and it is completely up to you and your lover whether it will turn into an angelic butterfly or like an ugly fly. And you need to work a lot for that relationship, communicate effectively and successfully so that both of you feel secure in your relationship. Or else, it is not love but only slavery.

So what? Everyone who looks at us with Sulfie would say that we are just meant to be and we were simply lucky to have met. But they would never see the other side of the iceberg. All those times in which we had problems to solve. All those times in which I didn't know what to do so that I could have him. It wasn't perfect all along.

Wait... Wasn't it perfect all along? Weren't we happy with each other ever since we met?

There are memories that come, pictures of mutual happiness in my mind... But there is something wrong with them... They don't feel real at all... Okay, even if they were real.. Or are they just a product of my imagination? Even if they were real, why do those thoughts come into my mind... Those thoughts of having difficulty in having Sulfus by my side... Okay I will just continue thinking and we will know the truth.

What is a relationship like? I don't know. I just know that what we have with Sulfus now, and what we used to have in the past, is good enough, perfect enough, and I am happy with that and with being with him. I do not care if someone would come to me and suggest that I should date someone else who that very someone would deem more compatible to me. I feel perfectly compatible with Sulfus and that is all I need to know in order to stay his.

What I know for sure is that I've always loved him and that I chose to believe in our love, no matter the circumstances. I chose to believe in my love for Sulfus despite being deemed wrong.

Wait... Why was it deemed wrong? Devils do not care about right and wrong, so who deemed it wrong? Hah, maybe the angels! But the angels... Why should they think that it is wrong for two devils to love each other? Couldn't devils love and be loved? Ha, look at how egoistic those angels actually are! If they were real angels, they would have definitely been happy about two devils loving each other. But hell no, they are just jealous that they can never actually have a taste of real love! That's why!

But wait, why did I have the opinion of the angels about my relationship with Sulfus? Devils do not communicate with angels that much, or at least, they never share with angels such intimate things – who they date or so.

Something is definitely not right. Maybe I should just...

I remember... Oh... I had some diaries! But where are they? Oh, weren't they in our room with Sulfie? I should search for them.

Fifteen minutes later

I cannot find them at all in our room! Where are they?! Wait, something comes to my mind! A blue room! Something like that... Does it look familiar to you, reader?

 Does it look familiar to you, reader?

I think... I am almost sure that it was below one of those beds...

But wait... That looks like an angel's room! What had I been doing in an angel's room?

Maybe they had just confiscated my diaries because they were illegal :D Haha.

I might just go there and want them back...

Yes, I must go there and find my diaries! They will help my memory and I will find the answers!