Chapter 11

When I took this journey I never thought for a moment I would bond to these warriors. I hadn't thought that they could be trusted fully or they would become people I cared for.

Seeing Zidii breakdown before me and beg me not to hate her. That had my blood boiling.

Because the way she did it. It was as if she was used to begging for forgiveness. Used to being treated badly.

I had Meilai and Sugga stay with Zidii in our temporary home. I wasn't gonna make my friend stand in front of her impossible tribe while her emotions were so stirred. An I could tell that Sugga was ready to maul something and Meilai was ready to kill.

I don't think they realized how close we would all become in a short amount of time. But whether we liked it or not we were.

I was protective of those I cared for.

They might be guards, but they were My guards. An I didn't care what anyone thought. I was gonna restore my friends honor if it was the last thing I did before leaving.

The rest of us, including the Skwang Keilo, entered into the village. Drums were beating, people's were singing and dancing and Ikeyni stood proudly in front of it all.

I kept a hard look on my face as I walked up to her. Ignoring all the festivities.

"Young Goddess. Please, please. Sit."

I did as asked. Ash stayed below with Lodis and Vikar. Lodis making my friend a meal and making sure he ate well. While Keilo, Kai'to and Dimples took up guarding me.

The Clan Leaders eyes followed my guards and tilted her head. "Where is Young Zidii?"

I clenched my jaw. "She is off duty with my other two warriors."

The Clan leader scoffed. "Her first night home and she doesn't dare to show her face..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Zidii served me well in the last village. She deserves a break on her first night among her people. She is not a slave...you know."

The Clan leader put on a fake smile and chuckled. "Of course, Of course."

The atmosphere here was fake and forced. I ate silently watching the clan. An whenever the leader spoke I answered shortly before returning to my food. Choosing to gage this leaders merits and thinking over how to navigate my interactions with her.

"I hope our tribe is to your liking so far." She said chewing some meat. "It would please us greatly for you to want to seek a permanent home among us."

I almost choked on my food at hearing her words. "You have been as welcoming as you can be...but my travels are temporary."

The Clan Leaders jaw clenched but she gave a nod. As if this wasnt what she wanted to hear."Of course. I hope you enjoy your lessons with Ju'weh atleast."

I hummed. Completely annoyed with her presence. It wasnt long before I called it a night.

I snagged a good bit a food before hauling it back to my off duty friends.
When we entered, Zidii sat on cushions with Meilai laughing as she ran fingers through Suggas hair. Sugga whose head lay comfortably in Zidii's lap turned our way and grinned.

Vikar busted in after me holding the food I collected.

"Ey'lue gathered food." He cheered as if he hadn't already ate enough for three people at the gathering.

The three of them got up happily and grabbed the meal. Zidii hugged me tightly in Thanks.

As we were talking casually, Keenun cut us off.