Chapter 6

Am I the only one who goes weeks without dreams and then randomly have a super active and realistic one?

I swear for the past couple of weeks my dreams have been non existent, but now as I lay in the heart of Eywa I felt myself being drawn through a series of visions.

My world around me is filled with stars and galaxies moving at the speed of light. My body floats through this vortex rapidly drawing me close to a bright light at the end.

As I break through the darkness I find Grace standing in a open field taking samples. She hums to herself and looked happily at peace.

My eyes water at seeing my old friend.

"Grace!"

She turns to me and grins wildly.

"Ey'lue. Took ya long enough. I started taking more samples."

I ran to her and hugged her tightly. She laughed and returned my hug.

"How are you I asked?"

Her eyes filled with happiness. "I am at peace, kid. Never better."

I grinned. "That's good. We all miss you...dearly."

She snorted. "How's the gang fairing?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Everyone is great."

She nodded and had me follow her down a path. I grinned as I walked my first ever child hood home. The vast garden within the eye.

"Is mother here?"

Grace flashed a smile my way. "Can't you feel her?"

I closed my eyes and giggled as I felt a familiar tug. I nodded.

"I missed her and you." I said softly.

Grace patted my shoulder and I looked her in the eye. Her smile slowly faded and she gave me a stern look.

"Kid. I'm not here to catch up sadly. I'm here to warn you. You need to watch your back."

My heart dropped and I took a step forward.

Grace opened her mouth to speak, but she began to choke and the world around me began to shake.

"Protect the tribe! Watch out f-fo..." Grace struggled to speak before she collapsed on the ground. I tried to run to her but the world began to rewind and I was dragged from the eye and pulled back into vast space.

A swarm of fire engulfed  bugs swarmed me and began crawling all over me. I screamed at the top of my lungs for my friend before screaming even more frantically for myself.

All these creatures crawling on me began stinging my skin.

Though I knew this was all in my mind the stings felt very real.

My eyes snapped open and I yelled at the top of my lungs. Ziddii jumped up from her spot in shock and Keilo and Lodis ran into the room prepared to attack.

I jumped from the hammock. An fell to the ground swatting at my arm screaming bloody murder.

Zidii ran to me. "Ey'lue! Ey'lue! Calm down!"

I continued to scream as the stings from the fire bugs continued. Startled by her running to me I threw my hand up and sent Zidii flying into the wall.

She cried out in pain and that snapped me out of my panic.